John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ Years in the computer industry
60674955

Hi, I have a mac but am not good on it my husband died recently

Hi, I have a mac but am not good on it my husband died recently and so struggling to get to grips with it. this evening in order to have my email as primary iCloud email address I had to delete via internet accounts then re log in all working fine re email, notes etc but everything on iPhoto has gone but is still on my iPad how do I re sync them please
Category: Computer
Expert:  John T. F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Are the phone on the iPad pics you took with the iPad itself?

Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the photos on iPad are mainly from iPhone and they synced via photo stream then when started using iPhotos appeared there as they did on mac but since having to take email account off and on again the iPhotos on mac just disappeared

Thanks for the info,

Photo Stream is not long term storage. Only the last 1,000 photos are stored for 30 days. However, iPhoto should automatically import these photos as they appear in Photo Stream and removing the account would not delete those.

Open iPhoto

In the sidebar at the left, under "Library", choose Photos.

You should see categories labeled similar to "Aug 14 Photo Stream" where the first three letters indicate the date of import.

If you do not see these photos or if your iPhoto library is completely empty then you have another issue at work.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John