Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a Toshiba RDXV60KB. The dvd drawer will not open using

I have a Toshiba RDXV60KB. The dvd drawer will not open using either the button on the front, or using the remote control. There is no disk in the unit. Please help!
Kind regards,
Pete
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please> unplug the power cord for 1 minute and then replug the power cord. Then simultaneously press the POWER + STOP + EJECT buttons. If the disc tray still does not open, simultaneously press the DISC1 + STOP + EJECT buttons.
NOTE: This step may not apply to all models as DISC1 is not available on all DVD players.
If this does not work and if the DVD player has DISPLAY and PREV buttons, press and hold the DISPLAY+PREV buttons for two seconds to unlock the drawer. press the power button on the dvd player for 10 seconds, then hold the eject button for 10 seconds. Please let me know if this does not work for you and we will continue working on your issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for the information Randy. Unfortunately those suggestions haven't worked. Don't worry about it, I shall return the machine to the place I purchased it from and get a refund.

Kind regards,

Pete