Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

I have a Galaxy Tab3 Wi-Fi. Whilst on holiday the battery was

I have a Galaxy Tab3 Wi-Fi. Whilst on holiday the battery was completely discharged indicated by warning message on screen. I have attempted to charge battery from mains overnight at home. The device will still not switch on and I cannot access the device via USB. The mains charger and cable work with other devices.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Tab can be unresponsive (won't charge, frozen etc.) and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Tab into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Todd, I have tried your three suggestions to re-activate my tab but it remains inactive. Is there anything else to try?

Thanks, Richard.

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your reply.
If none of the previous solutions works, the next troubleshooting step will be hard reset. This procedure (if works) will delete data from your internal memory (not sd memory card if you use it).
Please press and hold Volume UP, Volume DOWN and Power button at the same time. If there is any sign of life please let me know and I'll provide you with other steps.
If this procedure helps, you should be prompted with the "Recovery menu" - check the picture below.

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh dear Todd, no signs of life.

Richard,
Because none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your Tab is defective (can be defective mainboard, defective charging port or bad battery). I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.
Good news is that if your Tab is still under warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Tab for free.
If your Tab is out of warranty you will have to contact your seller or Samsung directly at 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864) to arrange repair. Samsung service locator you can find on the link below - click here
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.
Please let me know if you are not satisfied with my help or if you need more information. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help Todd. Looks like my Tab is just within warranty. Here's hoping I can sort out replacement tomorrow.

You're welcome Richard. I'm glad if I could help.

I'm very sorry because I did not resolve your problem. I gave my best to find a solution.

Thank you very much for positive rating and for using our service.

All the best,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Todd. I am getting "Please Rate My Service" requests every hour despite having done so. It is becoming annoying!

Sorry Richard. I'm aware of this site issue. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to stop it. It's automated message system that send messages to our customers. I reported this issue to our admins.

I'm really sorry for inconvenience.

Thank you for positive rating and for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Todd. Auto messages stopped after 23:00 yesterday.

Regards, Richard

Great news. I'm glad that auto-message system is fixed.

Best Regards,
Todd