cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I have ordered kindle books but it says I don't have a Kindle.

I have ordered kindle books but it says I don't have a Kindle. The order is on computer but nothing has gone into the kindle. It says I don't have an account. I do have one. Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Try this first:

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 20 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 20 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

Then go back into your amazon kindle account on your PC. Go to the books that you ordered and resend to your kindle.

cvd4311 :

You should not loose any of your contents that you have ordered by doing the above.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Need more help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the power button

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Power button should be at the top of your Kindle. What kind of kindle do you have?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Did you get my instructions above about your power button? IT is at the top of your kindle. Hold power button down for about 20 seconds. Your screen should blink a few times. Keep pressing the power button, then after 20 seconds release the power button and kindle should come right back on. That should reset your kindle and you should be able to go onto your amazon account and send books back to your kindle or whatever items that you have and it should also recognize your kindle.