Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

my scrolling keys do not work, ideas ?

my scrolling keys do not work, ideas ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Have you tried pressing the f7 or f4 key. Sometimes that will work. If not try pressing the FN or Function key.

cvd4311 :

Depending on what laptop you have (I am assuming it is a laptop), you have to press different keys. Another key that might work is f3.

cvd4311 :

You might even have to start with the f1 key and try all the keys till you get to f12. Different ones work for different devices.

Customer: I do not have a laptop, i have a apple iPad Air with a logitech ultrathin keyboard(cover). this keyboard does not have function keys
cvd4311 :

okay give me a second.

cvd4311 :

Okay I am not sure about the logitech keyboard for Ipads. Will opt out so that another Expert can come on to help you.

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean the arrow keys?
Unfortunately the arrow keys on your keyboard cover will function in an application only if the app developer has configured it to use keyboard keys.

NOTE: Most current iPad apps rely on gesture commands to scroll and don't support arrow-key scrolling.

See here:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45270/kw/scrolling
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience: Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting