cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

my husband bought a kindle for me, and I gave myself a new

my husband bought a kindle for me, and I gave myself a new password, but forgot to write it down, so I can't use it. Can I create a new password?
Ann Hackmann
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
cvd4311 :

If you are talking about the 4 digit code to your Kindle then you will have to reset it (which means it goes back to factory settings). So no you can not just reset your password ***** Kindle does not work that way.

1. Type resetmykindle into the passcode field.
    Press the Enter key (below the Del key).

2. Then you can download that content again if you register your Kindle to your account again by logging into your amazon account and registering your kindle. It will then reload everything that you had before onto it.

Customer:

Sorry to be so dense but how/where do I find the"passcode field"?

Customer:

Is it possible I could speak to someone?

Customer:

Customer:

Ann

cvd4311 :

when you turn on your kindle that is your passcode field.

cvd4311 :

sorry we only chat on this site.

cvd4311 :

but you can't change your password ***** it has been forgotten. you will have to do a factory reset and then re register it through your amazon and it will download all of your contents again and you can put another passcode in it.

cvd4311 :

That is the only way to get back into your kindle is to do a reset into the passcode field (which is the field you normally put in your password).

cvd4311 :

Did you turn on kindle and it should come up with your passcode field. Did you find it?

cvd4311 :

Please keep me posted. If that has resolved your question then please let me know.

cvd4311 :

Hi are you still here?

Customer:

i am afraid my kindle does not have a enter or del.Also there are no letters only numbers. What do you mean?

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Had to switch to Question and Answer chat.
Which kindle do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

paper white

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.

Try this:

1. Tap the passcode field to bring up the onscreen keyboard. Type 111222777, and then tap OK.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
That should let you in then you can go into your settings and change your password.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Then log into your amazon account and re-register your paperwhite. you can then download everything back to your kindle.