Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Samsung Smart TV ( model UE32F5500AKXXU ) has ceased to

My Samsung Smart TV ( model UE32F5500AKXXU ) has ceased to connect to the internet.
If I try to access one of the online channels, eg BBC I player the following message comes up on the screen:-
You're not connected.
Go to Network settings and connect to the internet to enjoy smart hub.
As you can see my computer is on line and the wireless icon on the modem is lit.
Could you please help me resolve this problem, I do not know how to access "Network settings".
Thankyou.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Samsung TV, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Please let me know when you could be online so that we can get this fixed

Michelle :

when was the last time it was working fine earlier.

Customer: It has been troublesome for a while and kept buffering but has now stopped completely
Michelle :

i want you to power cycle your wireless router, unplug the wifi router power by pulling out the power adapter and let it sit for 2 to 3 mins.

Michelle :

reconnect the power and wait for another 2 mins to get the router booted up fine then we will proceed with the tv part.

Customer: Will I not then lose contact with you?
Michelle :

we will be disconnected in this process to relaunch the chat open justanswer email and hit the green button "view my answer" the chat will relaunch.

Customer: OK doing that now
Michelle :

alright.

Customer:

Hello Michelle, I am now back on line

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

Turn on the tv and use the remote and press the menu button

Michelle :

select network and then select network settings

Michelle :

you will see the option to select wired or wireless use the remote to select wireless

Michelle :

after few seconds you will see a list of wireless network or ssid of the wireless routers available nearby the tv' wireless range.

Michelle :

Select your routers from the list.

Michelle :

Then it will prompted you to enter the router password.

Michelle :

Enter the correct router password ***** ***** be case sensitive so enter the correct password ***** get the tv connected to the internet.

Michelle :

let me know if you find any problem.

Customer:

Ok. Got that far, it is now asking me to enter a security code, where do I find that?

Michelle :

The security code is your routers password.

Michelle :

you can check the router it must be printed at the bottom or it can be found on a sticker at the bottom.

Michelle :

let me know if you found the codes.

Customer:

I have done that but it is telling me that the wireless network is disconnected

Michelle :

To check the problem there is a need to check the router details if the routers wireless is enabled or not for that you need to login to router console to know the details.

Michelle :

are you chatting with me using a computer or a mobile device.

Customer:

Ok Michelle, sorry about that. I had missed the last digit off the password. Everything seems fine now.

Michelle :

That is great.

Michelle :

so it worked.

Michelle :

Is there anything else i may assist you.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit and then hit ok to close the chat session and if you have any more question feel free to ask.

Michelle :

Customer:

Ok Michelle, sorry about the delay. I retried it and found that I had missed the last digit on the password.

Michelle :

please note down the password ***** so that you can refer to it in future.

Customer:

I am on a computer. I realise now where I had gone wrong at the last stage, I missed a digit off the end of code. It seemed to work fine and I have just been downstairs and tried it again and it seems to be functioning properly now. Thank you very much for your time (and patience).

Michelle :

Thank you for using our service.

Customer:

I am on a computer which is upstairs from the TV. I think I know where I went wrong before, I missed a digit from the end of the password. I have tried the TV a couple more times and it seems ok now. Thank you very much for your help,expertise and patience!!! Best regards, Duncan