Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

iphone 4 wont let me slide to unlock ?

iphone 4 wont let me slide to unlock ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
iPhone is essentially a small computer, sometimes can be frozen or unresponsive and keep you from using the phone. The first solution for this kind of issue will be to reset your phone (this procedure will not delete data from your phone).
Please follow the steps below to reset your phone:
A. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 25 seconds (until the Apple logo appears).

Please try this procedure at least 3 times.
B. If that doesn't work, charge your phone for 10 minutes then repeat the previous procedure while still on charge.
Please try both solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

has not worked

Hi Drew,
Thank you for your reply.
If none of the previous solutions works, the next step will be to restore your iPhone. That process will delete data on your phone, so before restoring you will have to create back up of your data. If you backup your phone previously skip back up procedure.
Please follow the steps below to create back up:
1. Download and install iTunes on your computer. Check the link below to donwload iTunes - click here
2. Connect phone to computer via USB cable
3. Select your iOS device in iTunes under Devices
4. Right-click (or Control-click) the device and select Back Up
When done restore your phone:
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes under Devices. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
3. Click Restore.
When done restore from back up to bring all your data back to the phone:
Right-click (or Control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

struggling to back it up. Cant get the tabs you say.

what do you mean when you say select your I phone when it appears in iTunes under devices ?

Drew,
When you open iTunes, select "File" in the upper left corner , select "Device" and "Back up" (check the picture below).

Let me know if you have any difficulties please. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its telling me that iTunes cant connect to my phone

If iTunes can't connect your phone, first of all close iTunes and disconnect your phone.
Stop the antivirus software on your computer (if you have it).
Second, open the Task Manager and select the Process tab. Find and stop the ATH.exe process.
Open iTunes and connect your phone. Let me know the result please.
Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i'm going to call it a night. thank you for your help tho

You're welcome.
No problem Drew, take you time. I'm online daily, so please contact me when you have time. I'll be waiting for your reply.