cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Hi I am running a website that requires Java. For the past

I am running a website that requires Java. For the past half hour it has just displayed the JAVA logo and a blue circle and nothing else. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
cvd4311 :

Try this first: Control Panel > Java > Security Tab > Activate java content in browser: ENABLED.

If that doesn't work try this: Go to control panel > search "Java" > Launch that configuration tool
Select the "Java" tab > click "View.."
Double click "Runtime Parameters" field and erase anything that is there
press Enter > press "OK" > Press "Apply" > Press "OK" again

Keep me posted

cvd4311 :

If that doesn't work then try loading both 32 bit and 64 bit. I know that sounds weird but it does work for some.

Customer:

i don't have a view tab. It is only visible under the temporary internet files bit

Customer:

I have tried to reinstall and still same problem

cvd4311 :

okay did you go to control panel, java, security tab and make sure java was enabled?

Customer:

yes it was

cvd4311 :

okay did you try downloaded both 32 bit and 64 bit java? I had a customer that did that and it worked for them. Their java website came back.

cvd4311 :

Also did you try running a different browser (IE, chrome or firefox)? Not sure which one you are on.

Customer:

I am running Firefox. IE doesn't run very fast

cvd4311 :

okay how about chrome? just check one of them out and see if java will run for your website.

Customer:

checked chrome and it doesn't. Same issue

cvd4311 :

hmmmmmmmmm, okay try going to start menu, find configure java, set security meter lower, then go back to firefox and reload firefox. see if it works then.

Customer:

It is set to medium and won't let me lower as it says that is the minimum requirement

cvd4311 :

Your bar that you have for java will not let you lower it? If it won't let you lower it try going a little higher and see if that will reset your java for your website. most java is set for medium.

Customer:

Ok let me try that

cvd4311 :

if that doesn't work go to security edit site list and add your site to the list. then click okay, then reload your firefox.

cvd4311 :

also go to advanced and make sure your default for browser for firefox is checked.

Customer:

the going higher seems to have worked. It has loaded now thank you :)

cvd4311 :

you are very welcome.

cvd4311 :

if we are done with this question please RATE so that I might close it.

cvd4311 :

sorry try it again.

Customer:

I think we are. I cannot rate it until you finish answering apparantly

cvd4311 :

yes, i am done. go ahead and rate.