Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I HAVE GOT KINDLE DOWNLOADED ON MY SURFACE TABLET FROM AMAZON

Customer Question

I HAVE GOT KINDLE DOWNLOADED ON MY SURFACE TABLET FROM AMAZON BUT IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD A BOOK
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Kindle, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Please let me know is your kindle registered with Amazon and do you have internet access on it.

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

I DONT KNOW IF MY KINDLE IS REGISTERED WITH AMAZON BUT I HAVE GOT INTERNET ACCESS ON IT

Michelle :

is this the first time you are trying to download ebooks on your kindle?

Michelle :

Please tell me the model number of the Kindle./

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

NO I HAVE GOT 9 BOOKS ON IT.DOWNLOADED THE LAST ONE A FEW WEEKS AGO TOOK ABOUT 30 SECONDS

Michelle :

What book are you downloading on which you are facing problem please let me know the details

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

VERY BRITISH PROBLEMS BY ROB TEMPLE

Michelle :

The price of the download is 6.49 pounds are you able to open the download page where you can see "Add to basket"

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

YES I CAN BUY THE BOOK BUT IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD IT

Michelle :

what is the error you get when it tries to download the book

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

IT SAYS AMAZON ISNT RECOGNISING THAT I HAVE GOT A KINDLE BUT I HAVE BROUGHT BOOKS THIS WAY BEFORE

Michelle :

alright one last question

Michelle :

did you use another kindle on the same kindle account before

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

NO I HAVE HAD JUST THIS ONE ALL THE TIME

Michelle :

okay

Michelle :

now follow the steps i am going to give you now.

Michelle :

press and hold down the power button on the kindle for 40 seconds press it and hold it down

Michelle :

release the button after 40 seconds and wait for 2 mins before you turn it back on.

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

I HAVENT GOT AN ACTUAL KINDLE IT IS DOWNLOADED ONTO MY SURFACE TABLET

Michelle :

alright you never mentioned that you are using a kindle app to download ebooks

Michelle :

in this case you will have to try download some other ebook and confirm that you are able to download other ebooks or not and if the situation is same then you will have to uninstall the Kindle app from our Tablet and restart the tab and then reinstall the Kindle app to start downloading ebooks

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

I SAID IN MY FIRST QUESTION WHEN I WENT ONTO THIS WEBSITE I TYPED "I HAVE GOT A KINDLE DOWNLOADED ON MY SURFACE TABLET FROM AMAZON BUT IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD A BOOK" I HAVE UNINSTALLED IT AND INSTALLED IT AGAIN DOWNLOADED MY OTHER 9 BOOKS BACK ON

Michelle :

Try downloading an ebook and tell me the exact error you get on the screen

JACUSTOMER-zb14dw4m- :

IT SAID "WE DID NOT FIND A KINDLE DEVICE OR READING APP REGISTERED TO YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT FOR WHICH THIS CONTENT IS AVAILABLE" I HAVE DOWNLOADED BOOKS BEFORE AND NOT HAD THIS MESSAGE. WHEN I DOWNLOADED KINDLE ONTO TABLET IT DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT REGISTERING

Michelle :

I have just download kindle app on my tab and have searched for Very British problem ebook and i get 3 options (All devices version) and two others are kindle version so you will have to download it from the all devices link and not the kindle version.