Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

my phone is not working properly ,the person on the other end

Customer Question

my phone is not working properly ,the person on the other end just hears a shhhh
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This can usually be resolved with a forced reboot of the firmware.
I willl need the brand and model of your phone please.

Experience: Computer specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a galaxy s 5 samsung

lets try and force a reboot > Please try this> Remove the battery. Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then reinsert the battery. Then hold the power button down for 10 seconds. Please let me know if this does not work for you and we will continue working on your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it didnt work

okay, we will have to do a factory restore now. First you will need to be sure that you have your google back up enabled. Open the app drawer, and choose the Settings icon.

Galaxy S5 Settings

In the Settings screen, navigate to the User and Backup section, and choose Backup and reset. If your settings screen is set to tab view, this section can be found under the General tab.

Galaxy S5 backup and reset

If your Settings screen is in grid view, all you have to do is scroll down the list to find the User and Backup option.

Galaxy S5 backup and reset

Next, tap the Factory data reset option under Personal Data.

Galaxy s5 factory data reset

This reset operation will erase all the data you have on the phone, including your internet accounts, downloaded apps, app data, system settings, and will revert your phone to its original state. Since the deleted information cannot be recovered, make sure you have backed up all your important data before continuing. Depending on the type of data you want to back up, you will need to use different apps available from the Store to do the task.

When you are sure that it is safe to do a reset, tap Reset device.

reset Galaxy s5

In the next screen, tap Delete all, and wait for the phone to complete the reset operation. The next time the phone boots up, you can set it up as usual.

reset Galaxy s5

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still didnt work

okay, sorry about that, what is the approximate purchase date of the phone,and also the name of your cellular provider please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

22 april 14 EE

I am very sorry, this sounds like the internal mic has failed. Since restoring the software via the reset rules out it being firmware-related, you will need to take it to EE to get it replaced under warranty. I am sorry for this, since the purchase date is still around 12 months EE will replace the phone for free. Please let me know if I can help with any of this.
you can:
  • head to any EE store
  • call customer services* on 150 from an EE phone
  • 07953 966 250 from any other phone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i got my phone on a jump contract will ee still help me

JUMP has a full warranty for the device.
give them a call on 0844(###) ###-####/strong>