arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified
50085326

How can I view what is playing on my Laptop (running Windows

How can I view what is playing on my Laptop (running Windows 7) on my LG 55LA965W Smart TV? Have tried downloading Smart Share software from LG site and others but found it very difficult to understand instructions e.g. one was asking for an APP ID which even after following their instructions made absolutely no sense to me!
Hope you can suggest something.
Gordon Millar
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

In-order to share laptop screen on LG Smart TV you either require a HDMI or VGA cable. I recommend HDMI cable as it gives High Definition picture quality.

Smart Share can be used just to share files on a computer. You cannot view laptop screen using it. Its mean for file sharing. You can play music, Videos etc.. using it..

Please let me know if you have further query on this. I am happy to assist you.

If i have answerd your query, please don't forget to rate my service. Please use below smiley smiley button to rate me.

Thanks:)
Have a great day
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay Fiyaz thanks. That explains why I can't do it - much appreciated!

Gordon

Dear Gordon,
Thanks for your reply. You got it now..
You require HDMI cable.

If you don't mind would you please share a bit time for rating my service. Use below smiley button to rate me

Thanks,
Fiyaz