John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

i HAVE A ACER LAPTOP WHICH WHEN I TURN IT ON YOU GET THE ACER

i HAVE A ACER LAPTOP WHICH WHEN I TURN IT ON YOU GET THE ACER LOGO AND THEN THE SCREEN IS BLANK...... CAN YOU HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

Customer:

Great!

John :

Sir/Ma'am thank you for joining the chat.

John :

This problem can occur due to hardware failure but before jumping to such conclusions we can try some troubleshooting to fix this issue.shall we start?

Customer:

Yes please. The laptop i got a xmas and has been used hardly at all.....

John :

So its still under warranty am i correct

John :

First please try the following

Turn off the laptop completely and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds. Releases the button do not insert the battery back now plug the adapter back and turn on the computer. See if the problem persists.

Customer:

bear with me...

John :

Sure take your time and let me know the status

Customer:

not sure where the battery is!

John :

Please let me know the full model of the Acer laptop so that i can check it

Customer:

aspire e1-570

John :

let me check it.in the mean time please check on the bottom of the laptop for battery bay and to release the battery there are 2 sliding locks please check it

Customer:

can't see any sliding locks! Sorry about this

John :

No worries i am looking for its details

John :

i will send you a image where the battery is located one moment

John :

Here is the image

Full Size Image

John :

did you see the battery and its releasing lock

John :

you release the lock you need to Insert a suitable tool (which can be a small screw driver) and slide to release.

Customer:

I've removed the battery. When you mean the power button do you mean the button that i turn the lap top on with.....

John :

Good,yes the power button that is on the laptop to turn on the laptop.(hold it for 60 seconds)

Customer:

the problem persists

John :

Remove the power adapter once again and try the same step once more and let me know '

Customer:

the system says it is updating..

John :

You mean windows updates?

Customer:

it doesn't say but at the mo i have the acer logo and little w

Customer:

white dots going round in a circle

Customer:

and then it has gone back to a blank screen

Customer:

oh no hold on

John :

OK please wait

Customer:

now configuring windows

John :

OK its windows updates and its configuring it now.let it finish

Customer:

I now have the start menu..

John :

Good please see if you can open application and browse webpages

Customer:

looking good! Shall I put the battery in? And what do you think caused the problem?

John :

yes shutdown the laptop and remove the power adapter and insert the battery back in (make sure the battery is properly seated) then power on the laptop and see if its working normally.

Customer:

All seems to be working. Thank you so much. What do you think caused this issue

John :

This can cause due to residual charge on the electronic components on the motherboard so the step we did before will release that electronic discharge and help the system to do a clean boot up.
Note:-From now on i want you to use this laptop as much as possible and see if this problem is happening again if its happening frequently then you need to take it to a nearest acer service center so that they can check the motherboard in detail for fix the issue.As long as it is still under warranty they can fix it for free.The reason why i suggested you to use as much as possible is because the warranty will expire in X-mas.

John :

Usually it wont happen again i said the above just as a precaution

Customer:

ok, will do!

John :

Is there anything else you like to know ?

Customer:

No, that's it, thank you so much

John :

You are welcome, Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/