Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Have an Asus Memo Pad since Christmas2013 and lately I am unable

Have an Asus Memo Pad since Christmas2013 and lately I am unable to insert my password ***** get into it. I can power it on but that is all.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that happened.

If you forgot your password ***** stuck at the ASUS logo screen on ASUS MeMO Pad, you can download "Asus MeMO Pad ClearData" to restore your device to factory settings. Please refer the steps to restore your device.

Note:

1. Once Restore was performed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted after initialization.

2. Please prepare microSD card, and format the microSD card to a FAT32 format. (Before formatting the memory card, make sure you have a backup of the data as it’s lost during formatting.

Steps

Step 1: Please go to the ASUS official website to download cleardata.zip files.

Download site:

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/ME172V/cleardata.zip

Step 2: Select Cleardata.zip downloaded file and copy it to the root directory of your MicroSD card.

Step 3 : Make sure ME172V is turned off, and there is more than 10% of battery life available. Press and hold the "Power button" until you see the boot menu.

Step 4 : Select option clear user data(Using "Volume Up/ Volume Down" key to select, and "Power" button to make the selection).

The device will begin restore the factory mode process.

Step 5 : After the recovery process is finished, you should see the “Please remove installation media!”screen as below, and then remove the microSD card from your device.

Step 6 : After remove Micro SD, the device will reboot itself, and you will be taken through the initialization screen, following the on-screen prompts to finish setting process.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I download this to, is it to my memo pad or laptop. Not really that computer literate.

you will have to download to the laptop and then tranfer to your memo pad via sd card.