Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have lost the bottom quarter of my kindle screen so I can

I have lost the bottom quarter of my kindle screen so I can only read the top three quarters of every page
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your kindle, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

Please let me know when you could be online

Michelle :

how old is the kindle and what is the model number of it.

Customer:

It is an early model. I will go and look up the information that you have asked for. Hang on

Michelle :

sure

Customer:

I can only find a receipt for a leather case for it dated 1th November 2011. It says that it is a case for NEW Amazon Kindle / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Black

Customer:

Can we do this in SKYPE ?

Michelle :

no problem i am posting a picture of the kindle models identify one and let me know

Michelle :

was the kindle dropped from a high or something

Michelle :

Full Size Image

Customer:

The pictures are too small for me to exactly identify the model, but I can say that it is one of the first two on the third row.

Customer:

The pictures are too small for exact identification but it is one of the first two on the third row. I am not aware that it has ben dropped. On the back there is a small area that looks like a nicotine stain but as I do not smoke it cannot be.

Michelle :

Thank your for the information.

Michelle :

the power button on the kindle is a sliding on or its a push button

Customer:

Push button

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

now

Michelle :

push and hold down the power button for 40 seconds and do not release it till its 40 seocnds

Michelle :

did it shut down completely.

Customer:

I cannot time seconds so I have done it for a minute. The screen now has kindle written across the screen but no change to the problem. The battery is low. It has now gone to library

Michelle :

kindle must be turned off completely

Michelle :

i belive you must have pressed down the power button for at least 40 seconds

Customer:

The kindle is off completely but it still shows a page of the library

Michelle :

please press the power button and keep it pressed down for another 30 seconds now

Customer:

I have done that

Michelle :

when its powered off completely do you still see kindle image on the screen

Customer:

Yes

Michelle :

we are trying to do troubleshooting steps to identify the problem so please tell me the exact result.

Michelle :

okay

Customer:

The kindle shows no green power light but the screen shows a library page listing books, albeit still with the problem

Michelle :

when you get printed impression on the lcd screen when the device is off that means the life of the lcd is almost dead and its time to replace the kindle lcd screen to use it further.

Michelle :

and the display on the bottom has faded off with white or black diskplay which shows no impression.

Customer:

How do I do that or should I just dispose of it and buy another?

Michelle :

if you can tell me the exact mode number i can look for spare parts for the lcd and give you the link so that you can order it online and i will attach a video how to replace the screen as well.

Customer:

I do not know how to find the model number. Can we pause this until this afternoon in order that I can make a thorough search. I rarely throw anything away!

Michelle :

i have identified the cause and its not the kindle is dropped its basically the lcd screen which is at end of life and it will be totally blank after few more days as the components on the lcd screen is dying.

Michelle :

I would suggest you to go for a new Kindle as the price of Kindle Fire HD is £119.00 and if you go for an lcd screen which is an obsolete product and will cost you £ 89.00.

Michelle :

Let me know if you have more question.

Customer:

Thanks. That draws it to a close doesn't it?

Michelle :

I have given you all clear options and its your choice to spend £ 89.00 on the lcd and wait for 5 to 7 business days to get that delivered and spend more time in how to open the kindle and replace the screen or order a new Kindle fire HD with color screen and you will be good with a 1 year warranty on the new kindle.

Michelle :

Then new kindle fire HD is £119.00 and the delivery is withing 2 business days.

Michelle :

you can transfer you old books after you register the new one with Amazon later once you get the new kindle.

Customer:

I am not going to spend £89 on an old kindle. I will look at a new one but how do I get the books out of this one onto another identical kindle that I have?

Michelle :

i will help you with that too, i appreciate your choice of going for a new kindle.

Michelle :

did you check the link i added for new kindle's.

Michelle :

Click here

Customer:

I have the other kindle with me now

Michelle :

Click on this link take your time and read slowly how to transfer old ebooks free and purchased one's from the old kindle to a new one.

Michelle :

is there anything else i may assist you with.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and if you have more questions feel free to ask and i will be happy to reply you.

Customer:

Thanks for your help. I have printed out how to move the books from one kindle to another.

Customer:

I now have to rush off for a blood test appointment.

Michelle :

Thank you for using our tech support and have a good day please dont forget to rate my service.

Customer:

I have printed all that out and will use it later. I now have to dash off for a blood test. Thanks again and I will click on " Good Service"

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors