cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Hello, I am trying to install easycap video and audio grabber

Customer Question

Hello, I am trying to install easycap video and audio grabber on to my windows 8.1HP computer. I am told the driver is not intended for this platform. What does that mean, and can I do something about it? I think when some buys a product they should be told it is not compatible with some windows. I bought this product in good faith hoping to comvert some videos to disc.
I hope you can help?
Cecil.
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

That means that you can not install that software for Windows 8.1, I am sorry to say. Usually it does say what OS that it is compatible for. Where ever you bought the software from either go online (if that is where you bought it from) or go to the store to return it. Usually they are pretty good about doing that.

You can run whats called a PCT or Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. But from what I am seeing that software only runs for Windows 7 or before.

Customer:

This is what I found on the EasyCap site:

• it works with all versions of Vista (32 & 64 bit), Windows XP 32bit, Windows 7

JACUSTOMER-6h0azvq6- :

What more can you do? How does the compatibility wizard work? I can't say I am happy with the answer, so I am not 100% satisfied.

Customer:

Go here and it will show you how the PCT works: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows.

Customer:

But with the Easycab saying it only works for Windows 7 or before then I am sorry to say there isn't a whole lot we can do with EasyCap because of that option. You can check with the website and see if it will reimburse you for the EasyCap. Just a reminder we are not EasyCap we just answer questions that you need answered.