ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

i have just bought a asus tablet and want to get on line. we

i have just bought a asus tablet and want to get on line. we have virgin broadband but it is in my sons name and he is away at the moment and i do not know the password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!
If you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8 machine that is currently connected to the Virgin modem you may be able to retrieve the password ***** that machine. Is that the case?
You can reply back to me via the Reply to Expert tab.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i do not know how to do that, i have the laptop going because its already set up i just wanted to get the tablet going but do not know the password.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Do you know what version of Windows your laptop is running? Is it currently connected to the Virgin modem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows 7 yes connected to virgin modem

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you. Try this:
1. Click on the Start Button in the lower left corner and then click on Control Panel on the right side of the Start Menu.
2. Click on Network and Internet. Then click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. You should see a heading that says, "View Your Active Networks." Under that heading, look on the right-hand side and, in blue writing, you should see Wireless Network Connection. Click on that. This should bring up a new window that says "Wireless Network Connection Status" at the top.
4. Click on the Wireless Properties button. This should bring up another window.
5. Click on the Security tab at the top of the window. You should then see a field that says Network Security Key. If it's all black dots then click on the "Show Characters" checkbox. The Network Security Key is your wireless password.
Give that a shot and let me know how it goes. If this worked, then please remember to use the rating box to rate the answer at least "OK Service" or better for me so that I receive credit for assisting you.