cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I have a Panasonic HDC-SD5 that had Studio Plus HD trial version

I have a Panasonic HDC-SD5 that had Studio Plus HD trial version software included with camcorder. Can I use latest 17. version software . Also would I be able to convert AVCHD format to mpeg so that the disc produced could be played on any DVD player as I can with HD Writer 2.0
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
cvd4311 :

You can use the latest software but you would have to purchase it. Also you would have to download the software to convert avchd to mpeg. The do have software to do that and one of them is called WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. It should be free. Google convert avchd to mpeg and it should give you some options.

Customer:

Hello cvd 4311. I did omit to say that my old computer operated on XP. My replacement computer is on Windows 8, but would wish to still use the Panasonic SD5, purchased 2007.

cvd4311 :

You an still use it but you will have to update it for the Windows 8 to work. As long as you update the software and drivers you should be okay.

cvd4311 :

Your panasonic has SD memory cards which will let you insert them into your PC with windows 8.