Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Sony vaio computer with Windows 8 (I think!). I want

I have a Sony vaio computer with Windows 8 (I think!). I want to delete all internet history so a) no internet address come up when typing www.xxx etc. in the address bar. I've tried deleting history but it seems to make no difference whatsoever!
Also, even if I could do that, it infuriatingly still shows 'frequently visited sites' which I don't want it to, and also every time I go to google (by typing www.google.co.uk) it shows me the last few google searches I did.
Can you help? I just want 'nothing' to come up each time I go on the internet!
Chris
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Chris! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm fine with that, many thanks. I take it this will just be a chat link and you won't have access to my laptop?

I need to access your laptop in order to fix. You will see everything I do on the screen, and you can stop anytime using your mouse. Is that okay? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I'm ho BBnest - I'd rather not if that's ok? It just feels like access too much private stuff - there's nothing that I'm that bothered about, but I do look at some soft porn etc. and I'd rather keep it my private business!! The reason for my query is that my parents have asked to borrow my laptop and I don't want them seeing the occasional porn site in and amongst BBC Sport and Hotmail!! Am more than happy to pay but can you provide some instructions instead?

No problem. Are you signed in at the google website http://google.com/?

, and https://www.google.com/history

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am now - it has asked me to sign in to my account (but I don't have one) - should I create one?

Don't sign up. You only use Internet Explorer (not Firefox or Chrome right)?

Can you try this:

1. Go to Control Panel.
  2. Open Network and Internet if available
  3. Open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and select all boxes
  5. Then click on Delete.

, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you,