Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have a Sony Experia tablet but cannot seem to get on to the

Customer Question

I have a Sony Experia tablet but cannot seem to get on to the internet what camn I do ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Do you know if you have a wireless network set up in your home and do you know the password ***** to connect to that network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Bt infinity hub but I am not aware of the password ***** only know my username and password ***** get on to the internet on my other computer.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Does your other computer get wireless internet or is it plugged in directly to the infinity hub?

Basically what I am asking is if you have wifi set up in your home. Do you have any other computers or devices that get online without having to be plugged into the hub?

If possible have a look at the BT hub and see if you can find a make and model number and then I will know more about the set up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My other computer gets wireless internet.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok great, do you know the name of your wireless network?

Also describe what happens when you try and connect the sony, any error message or do you just have no idea what to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wireless WPSPin 51857349

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok perfect

Rather than type you instructions I am going to give you a video to watch and follow a long with.

Click the link below and play the video. (You can disregard the airplane mode instructions) just follow the pasrt for connecting to wifi :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maBAU-nZV0w

Try that and let me know at which point you are unable to continue.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now received a message connected to btwifi - with Fon

But Have tried to connect via the E-Mail but am still getting message cannot connect to server

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok that is a different problem, it sounds like you are connected to the internet but dont have your email set up properly. Can you try and go to a website please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where do I go to a website? on my other computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried news and weather and the message please wait and now a message there is a network error

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
No, on the tablet. Look for the web browser which should be on the top left. I icon is a circlke that is red, green and yellow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I have found that but am now getting a screen

and then add a google account

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok are you able to do that and get to any websites? I am still trying to just confirm that you are online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, normally if this was a computer problem I would just connect to your computer and set it up for you but since it is a tablet that is not possible.

Since you seem to be completely unfamiliar with the tablet I think you will need more guided help over the phone.

What I would like you to do is call 0207(###) ###-####/strong> and tell them you need help setting the tablet up. You have tried online help but have neem unable to follow.

You can call Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00

I think that will be the easiest solution at this point.

DO me a favour and please click a smiley face below so I can get credit for my time spent with you, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No further problems now thanks for your help

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.