Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I cannot log in to my Google account and have lost three months

Customer Question

I cannot log in to my Google account and have lost three months work. Are you having problems
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

What exactly is happening when you trt to log in? Are you receiving any error messages?

Also which web browser are you using? Are you using a windows computer, a mac, or some other device.

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have Gmail and Good Drive apps on my iPhone and iPad. when signing in to any of my three google accounts i get the response "the page you have requested is invalid" with a picture of a broken robot!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok would it be possible for you to try signing in by going to the following links, if you are using the ipad now just tap the links of if you are on a computer click them:

1 . www.gmail.com

2. drive.google.com

Basically I want you to try going to them without the app but in the browser to see what result we get.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

first link diverts me to mail.google.com… selecting mobile site.. gets me into to of the email accounts, can't add third.. when trying i can see the url address as accounts.youtube.com?

trying the second

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the second link takes me to Google spreadsheets?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Spreadysheets is part of the google apps suite so that means you are logged in fine.

Do you have a computer you can use?

Just so you understand, Gmail and Drive are working fine, so either your iphone and pad are not logged incorrectly or you are making a mistage.

DO not worry , mail and documents in gmail and drive are note store on your devices so you would never lose your work.

Just log out of each app and log back in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried logging out… have done factory resets on both iPad and iPhone and no fix.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok lets do drive first.

Find the drive icon. Press down on it and delete the app.

Next open app store search google drive, reinstall it, sign in and see if you things are there.

I thnink you may have just been accessing them the wrong way because the error you are getting is not typical of an error with either of these products but more of an error when you end up on a wrong page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

read somewhere i need to clear cookies and browser data on the iPad and iPhone devises?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Yeah you had told me you reset the devices so I would have assumed that would have taken care of cookies but go ahead and do that again.

Also delete and reinstall the apps, don't worry you wont lost any data.

So do delete all cookies, delete the apps, reinstall the apps, re-sign in.

I will be offline for a bit because I need to travel to a house a call but send me a message if you need more help.

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do i delete all cookies and browsing data?