Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have adobe flash player on my computer and it is not working,

I have adobe flash player on my computer and it is not working, but sites are still asking me to download it, and when I reload, nothing differs. I also get asked to download an HTML5 supported browser instead. Whqat can I do to get it working properly. I am on windows7 and have internet explorer and chrome as browsers.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Is this problem happening with all web browsers on your computer or just with google chrome?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, all browsers.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and repair the issue for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Please click HERE to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
John,
Removed 3000+ infections

Remove massive amounts of junkware.

A computer gets infected like this because you may accidentally click on advertisments for free video downloaders and things like that. You need to be very careful about what you click on.

Removed left over malware manually. There at least 30 malicious programs I needed to manually remove.

Also you had no functioning antivirus installed. Installed microsoft security essentials.

The most important thing going forward is if you think you need a software to perform some fuction either ask a pro or do some research on if its safe first. DO NOT just click download and install. You will open the door way to multiple infections.

These programs pretend to be useful like a video downloader or toolbar but they are infections and allow other infections in.

This was the best I could do in the time we had. If you continue to have problems we will need to do anotther session for more repairs but I am sure we corrected at least 90% of the issues.

You never had a flash issue, you just had viruses these will tell you that you need to download flash or soemthing else but really you are just infecting the computer even more. The flash player was fine.

If you have any issues let me know. You had so many problems some may need some more time to be addressed.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, alas I am stIll getting the message "adobe flash player or an HTML5-supported browser is required for video feedback". John

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Let me connect again and see exactly what you are doing.

Click the link to connect

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=1a0c96cc-7fb8-49a0-b127-7f72f6511b54
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
John,

That problem seemed to be an incompatibility between that website and AOL. AOL web browser is very outdated and many websites do not even support it anymore. If you have trouble with a site in AOL just switch to chrome or internet explorer, that is the quickest fix.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I can now access the video feedback via Chrome. It appears AOL and Adobe Flash Player are not compatible. Again many, many thanks for your sterling effort, Well done, From foggy England, kind regards, John.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Excellent John,

Like I said aside from all the other problems the computer had, the AOL browser is not the best for viewing modern websites that use new web technologies like HTML 5.

You would be better off with Chrome or firefox.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris, checked this morning. Still working ok. many thanks John.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Good morning John.

Gld to hear. At some point in the future if it starts acting we can do another remote session.

One thing I meant to mention to you, always do those windows updates, when you see the icon on the bottom right that shows you have updates always install them, they fix security loopholes a lot of the time and keep you safe.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris, I try to keep up with the updates but occasionally some fail. Perhaps now the computer has been cleansed, this problem will go away Again many thanks, John..

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome John.

Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert rating. A1.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem well and truly solved, Well done. A1.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much, no further need to reply.