Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

My iPad is not receiving connection to the Internet even though

My iPad is not receiving connection to the Internet even though Sky Broadband is working fine. I have spoken to Sky and they have done a check, they say there is nothing wrong with the signal. I can use my Laptop and everything works. What is happening with the iPad?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. If your Wi-Fi is working for your other devices resetting the iPad may allow it to connect.
From the home screen select Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings
After the iPad restarts go into Wi-Fi and select your wireless network, enter your password ***** check to see that you can get connected.
-
I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have forgotten my password, what do I do?

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I can help with that. On your Windows 7 computer that is connected to the wireless, left click one time on the wireless strength indicator just to the left of the clock in the lower right corner of the screen.
(looks like a set of stairs ascending to the right)
A list of wireless networks will be displayed.
Right click on the wireless network that shows as: CONNECTED
and select Propeties
Put a checkmark in the box labeled Show Characters
The Network Security Key is your wireless password ***** will need to be entered in the iPad exactly as displayed on the Windows 7 screen.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jan. I haven't heard back from you. Were you able to get the iPad connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not yet and I have to go out now to pick up children from school. Will be back about 6

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the update. Let me know how you go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the message I got after clicking properties

Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile. Specific error. The system cannot find the file specified.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
That's odd. Here's a different way to locate your wireless password.
From a Windows computer connected to your
wireless network
Please download this utility from Hewlett-Packard
-
http://tinyurl.com/m9vf8xl
-
Run the program and allow it to finish searching for products.
When it finishes click Network from the
menu at the top of the screen.
and select Show Advanced Info
Click Show Wireless Info
Under Wireless Settings at the bottom of the
page, under Network Key you will see your
wireless password *****
-
Let me know if any issues. I will be out of the office for the
next few hours but will respond when I return.
-
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

If the Hewlett-Packard utility is unable to display your wireless password ***** read the following: I've been doing some research on the message you receive when selecting Properties for the wireless network to which you are connected. It appears you may have a virus or malware infection on your computer. Please scan your machine with the anti-virus product you have installed. To be on the safe side please download, install and run a scan of your machine with the free program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here:

-

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

-

On this page, click the orange "Free Version Download" button to start the process.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi dukey01, Sorry Ive took so long to get back to you. I really am rubbish at this IT business. I was not getting anywhere so enabled the help of my niece. She followed your instructions from the begining, and I now have a functioning iPad. Thank you so much.