JamesI
JamesI, Consultant
Experience:  20 years managing and supporting IT infrastructures from end users through to design of cloud based systems.
75967336

I have swapped my sim for a Vodaphone sim only contract. This

I have swapped my sim for a Vodaphone sim only contract. This is all working ok it is just that the phone number does not appear in the Settings-About Phone-Status-My Phone Number. How do I get it there
Category: Computer
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
James.I :

Hi, I see your looking to get the phone number displayed on your Galaxy Ace

James.I :

Ive not seen this before, can you advise which provider you had where the number was displayed?

James.I :

Most users who want to keep the number to end encase they forget it put the number on in the phone book, but once I know which provider had the number displayed I can see if we can get the settings mirrored for Vodafone.

Customer:

Hi. I bought the phone sim free. I then inserted a sim from my son's phone which he could no longer use as he was going to Guernsey and wanted a local provider as it was much cheaper. The Sim was from orange and was part of a 3 year contract which ended today.

James.I :

I see, so the Galaxy Ace was originally on Orange

James.I :

This displayed the mobile number, and now your new Vodafone sim doesnt show the number.
Does the phone work otherwise, ie you can make and receive calls using the new Sim?

Customer:

yes, at the moment everything seems to be ok, I have made calls, sent texts. having the number displayed is a nicety provided it doesn't mean there is

Customer:

another problem

James.I :

Ok, I know Giffgaff shows the number on my test phone here. I will go and see if this is a SIM feature, and confirm shortly.

James.I :

Sorry for the delay, its a limitation of the SIM. Some providers allow for this information to be read, it appears the way Vodafone code their SIM they dont support this functionality.

It should affect any of the core functions of the phone, depending on the SIM it may also place a vodafone APP on the phone where you can access the Vodafone specific features such as enabling call forwarding etc.

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** said I can live with it.