arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified
50085326

i have windows 8 it will not play d v d

i have windows 8 it will not play d v d
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 2 years ago.
arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

My name is***** look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

arsufi2002 :

Does computer atleast detect dvd ?

arsufi2002 :

Does it worked earlier?

arsufi2002 :

please reply

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Are you there

Customer:

all it dose is plays 1 dvd when i put another dvd in it says no d v d in e drive

Customer:

i dont have a answer were is it

Customer:

i dont have a answer help

Customer:

it plays 1 dvd and thats it

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Are you available now...

arsufi2002 :

Is this a problem that happened very recently?

arsufi2002 :

(I would like to know whether it had worked earlier)

arsufi2002 :

Besides, what about playing a CD?

arsufi2002 :

Does it read/play cd?

Dear *****,
Since you are offline, i am posting some information. Please do update on same when you are back.

You know this issue appear when a hardware or software issue has occured with drive. There are certain methods to troubleshoot drive issue.

I recommend you to go on with Windows fix it which Microsoft has released for drive issues. You can get it from below link
http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Click RunNow button to run the fix it. Reboot machine after fix. See if it makes any change. You know this fix can rectifty those issues caused by software.
If there is no change even after Microsoft Fix it. Then i doubt you have a bad drive.

There is an easy way to find hardware fault that is to check drive in non OS mode, which means get a boot disk (say windows installation disk or Linux installation or any bootable disk) and try to boot from disk. If system boots from disk then this may be windows fault, we need to work for solution.

But if there too drive fails or doesn't boot, then we can confim DVD drive is faulty. You need to purchase new drive.

Please let me now the update
Thanks,
Fiyaz

(Please don't rate me bad or poor if you still have query, instead use below reply box to send your queries)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am sorry u seem 2 b a good guy .but this is it my lap top will play 1 film perfectly snow white and that is it y not other films?.it dont make sense.

Dear *****,

Thanks for your reply...

That's a good question and the answer is your drive is not able to detect other DVDs. I won't say your drive only plays that disc, it will play discs but not all since its having some issues.

In-order to play the contents on a disc. Computer must understand the contents in it, but on your case computer can't recognize the disc inserted.

If your primary aim is to watch film on laptop, i request you to insert disc on a computer that works and copy film to pen drive and use it to watch now

Note: I noticed you are not able to play movie DVDs. Does it mean laptop detects software CDs or DVDs?

What must i do now? (Igone this comment if disc drive reads software CDs or DVDs)
I request you to replace existing DVD drive or purchase USB DVD drive which would solve issue.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=430559031

(You know even myself is facing exact issue. But rarly use CDs or DVDs, when required i use my USB DVD drive to read data)

Please let me know if you have further query..

Thanks,

Fiyaz

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is were how outlook goes different ways ; when i bye a car i expect a engine in it .my laptop said it plays d v d i expect it 2 it cost me 900 pounds tuf lack a .good bye and ta.