okay, I am sorry about that. When you get your new kindle, just sign in with your current Amazon account and you can download your existing content to a new Kindle device. Download your books stored in your Kindle Library directly to your Kindle wirelessly through Archived Items. You can also transfer personal documents, MP3s, or Audible files from your computer to your Kindle device via USB.
Downloading Archived Items
Your Kindle 2nd Generation displays the items you've downloaded on the Home screen. If Kindle content stored in your Kindle Library isn't displayed, you can download it through Archived Items when your device is connected wirelessly. Kindle content you've previously purchased is also available through Manage Your Content and Devices.
To download archived Kindle content from your device:
- Select "Archived Items" from the Home screen or "View Archived Items" from the menu.
- Select the item from the Archived Items screen.
Downloading Archived Items Wirelessly
If you are traveling outside the Whispernet service area, you can still download your Kindle content archived in your Kindle Library to your computer and transfer it via USB to your Kindle device.
To download items in your Kindle Library to your computer:
- Visit Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click on the "Actions" button next to the title you want to transfer.
- Select "Download & transfer via USB."
- Select the Kindle device your wish to transfer the file to and click the "Download" button.
- Choose "Save file" when prompted by your web browser.
- Follow the instructions in the Transferring Kindle Content via USB section below to transfer the file to your Kindle device.
Transferring Files Via USB
Both Macintosh and Windows users can download and transfer Kindle content from a computer to a Kindle device through a USB cable. When your Kindle device is plugged into your computer, it will appear as a removable mass-storage device.
- Windows-based: Windows 2000 or later.
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.2 or later.
- USB port: An available port or an attached USB hub with an available port.
Downloading Kindle content to your computer
The first step in transferring Kindle content is to download the file you wish to transfer onto your computer. If you have already purchased the book, magazine or newspaper, you will need to visit the Manage Your Content and Devices page and locate the item in the "Your Content" tab.
- Click on the Actions button beside the title and select "Download & transfer via USB."
- Select the Kindle device you will transfer the file to and click the "Download" button.
If you have not yet purchased the book or subscription content that you want to transfer, choose "Transfer via Computer" when purchasing the content, then click "Buy now with 1-Click".
If you have more than one Kindle device registered to the account, you will see a pop-up window asking you to choose a device. If you do not select the correct Kindle device, you will be unable to open the content on that device.
- You may be prompted to open or save the file; choose "Save" and select a location that is easy to find again, such as the desktop.
- Once the file has been saved, connect your Kindle device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please remember to rate my answer positively.
Thank you very much!