Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

2 days ago google chrome stopped working. don't recall doing

Customer Question

2 days ago google chrome stopped working. don't recall doing anything to upset it. should I delete the prog from my computer and download another? ta, Gordon.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you.
Yes, reinstalling the Google chrome will be the best option.
May I remote in securely to your system now, and take a look at the issue you are having?
  1. Go to the Start menu > Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs and Features.
  3. Double-click Google Chrome.
  4. Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. If you want to delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, select the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.
  5. Then download and reinstall chrome>
    1. Click here to Download the installer file
    2. If prompted, click "Run" or "Save".
    3. If you have saved the installer, double-click the installer file to start the installation process. Your home page settings and browser history will automatically be imported from your default browser.
    4. Windows 7/Vista/XP
      A Chrome window opens once everything is set up. The first time Chrome opens, you'll see a message letting you know that you can search with Google directly from the address bar (also known as the omnibox). If you'd like to change your default search engine, click Change.