Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have an Acer Aspure 5740 windows 7 laptop and after doing

Customer Question

I have an Acer Aspure 5740 windows 7 laptop and after doing some updates a couole of days ago, it won't turn on now !! It powers up to shoe the acer screen and says at the bottom of the screen to press f2 to enter setup but itvjust goes blank and nothing happens at all. Can you please help ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you. Lets try a power reset first. Remove the battery and then press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then reinstall the battery and try powering on normally.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried that and still nothing....

okay, try this next, Remove the battery and wait about one minute then reinstall the battery. Then press the power button to power on and then tap the f8 button repeatedly for about 15 seconds
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok tried that and after the 15 seconds, it started to bleep:

It has just come up with the following

windows failed to start

A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1insert your windows installation discand restart yoyr computer

2 choose your language settings andvthen click next

3 click repair your computer

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance

status:0xc000000f

info: the boost selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

I don't have the disc and I've left the screen for now until you get back to me

t

okay, from that menu click repair your computer, then choose System Image Recovery, if there is not one on your computer, then insert your repair disc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still nothing. I pressed 3 and then enter but it is just trying to switch on again. There's nothing happening at all apart from the usual gurgling noises that they make !!!!

okay, on that menu did you use the down arrow key to highlight the "click repair your computer" then press enter when the selection is highlighted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried to but the cursor keys aren't doing anything

1. Try this next>Press the power button to power on.
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the “Alt” key and press the “F10” key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery. The window of opportunity is very small, so this may take a few attempts.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click “Restore to Factory Default Settings”
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not at all happy now as the blasted thing isn't even making a noise now. It's dead. The screen is as black as can be and the thing won't turn off aghhhhhh

okay, sorry about that. Anytime the computer becomes unresponsive you can remove the battery and hold the power button for 20 seconds then reinsert the battery.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok so I'm back to where I startedwith the motor running and the dark blue black screen ....nothing else

okay, try this please> Insert the repair disc, then hold the power button down to turn off the computer, then power on and press f2 repeatedly until the menu appears. Then highlight the boot menu, then choose the cd drive as first boot option. Then save and exit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All very well but I don't have the repair disc.

okay, the repair disc is the only option to get it working again.
> PLEASE CLICK HERE<