Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Lost password

Customer Question

Lost password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. May I know the make and model of the computer or device with which you are having this problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Venue 8 Pro tablet computer.

regulatory modelTOID

Tablet model VENUE 5830

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I apologize, Ian. Your question was placed in the Computer category and I'm not a tablet expert. I'll opt out of the question and one of the tablet experts will be able to assist you. You'll receive an email notification when one of them responds.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did you formerly know the password?

What text is on the prompt for the password, and do you see anything else on the screen before the password ***** appears? do you do anything with the screen or the buttons (aside from the power button) before the password ***** appears?
If everything is as I presume, you need to - essentially - use the on-screen keyboard to do a Shift-key - Restart.

This is done according to the steps in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3V3JFAbbk

First you bring up the on-screen keyboard, then you press the Shift key - note that the video shows the CapsLock key being pressed first, by mistake - then go to the lower-right corner and choose Restart.