Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I Have a Lenovo laptop z50 and it is great I had a second monitor

I Have a Lenovo laptop z50 and it is great I had a second monitor for working on photos in detail my family then got me a Lenovo c4 series pc. is there any way these two machines will pair up so I can use the monitors together or should I just tell the to send it back
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Gary! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. To confirm, you have 3 devices:

1. Laptop Z50
  2. All-in-one Desktop C4
  3. Monitor

The laptop computer and desktop computer are independent of each other. Can you please let me know more details about the issue? What exactly you are trying to set up?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Viet I want to connect the laptop to the desktop so both monitors are connected I now this is daft but had old monitor which family where very kind in trying to replace with a bigger screen but got a C4 Desktop instead

I'm sorry, you cannot connect the laptop to the desktop, since the desktop is not a monitor; it's a computer by itself; the desktop is not a monitor.

How come you don't use the Desktop computer only, which has bigger screen (instead of the laptop)?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Viet thought that was the case cheers

You're welcome. Sorry about that. I guess you can return the Desktop,and get a new monitor. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much