Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have changed service providers from free to orange and now

I have changed service providers from free to orange and now need to change the ip address on my Humax manually as its stuck on automatic, how can I do this? Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Russell H. :

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Russell H. :

Please state your Humax box's model #. There are more than one model of the Humax 'Free TV' boxes.

Russell H. :

Also please let me know whether your computer (if you have one, if it is relevant to this question) is a Windows PC, or an Apple computer. Thanks.

Customer:

It's an HDR 100s BG 500 and a windows pc

Customer:

1000s sorry

Russell H. :

Thank you for the information.

Russell H. :

The HDR 1000s can have a fixed IP or invariant IP or non-varying IP address set on it.

Russell H. :

But, you have to disconnect it from the router first. Or, disable the DHCP (IP address assignment) on the router (not a good idea, not even temporarily.)

Russell H. :

Either way, the 1000s will allow you to set its IP address at that point, I am assured by my info. source on this device.

Russell H. :

(Do you know how to log in to your Humax box's Setup utility? probably done by connecting it to a computer, and then entering the IP address of the Humax box, though I am not sure of that and have not looked it up yet, so I might be wrong. That's how all router boxes work, but a Humax box may be quite different.) (If you know how, no matter. Let me know if you don't.)

Russell H. :

Customer:

Thanks I'lll try it.

Customer:

I put it back on factory settings and it let me add an ip address manually. So now we all know.