Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Every time I try to sign

Customer Question

Every time I try to sign in to my googlemail.com account,I get an email from Google saying they have blocked a sign-in attempt because it was from Canada - but it IS me, and I'm in the UK. Now I can't open Google using Firefox on my desktop computer - I get this message:
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to www.google.co.uk. Peer's certificate has an invalid signature. (Error code: sec_error_bad_signature)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
There is no way to find out what to do, or who to contact, and I don't know who is the web site owner to contact them!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 2 years ago.
***** *****nell :

hello sir/madam

***** *****nell :

I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I've been on the phone to Just Answer (took me 15 minutes to get the number!). I couldn't enter my email address on the site as they said it was already regitered to another member - which was me back in 2011!

Anyway, I do hope you can help me. This has happened completely out of the blue. I never use my googlemail account, I just have to have it to use the app store etc. I have never had any problem since. How can I be in Canada when I'm sitting here in the UK. And how can I unblock my google access on Firefox?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I was told I would receive an answer within 12 minutes. I waited 25 minutes but heard nothing.
I clicked on his profile and asked what I should do now, was he still on-going in dealing with my problem?
I now discover that he has gone offline and is not available.
I have no idea how long for or what to do now. I am really desperate to get this problem solved.
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME????
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

I am sorry for the delay it looks like the tech you were working with went offline.

Google does track log in locations for security reasons but that should have nothing to do with the issue in firefox.

First in firefox make sure you are logging in at www.gmail.com do not use the googlemail address.

If it still doe not work do the following. Try logging in with internet explorer which should be on your computer.

If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time if you need more help.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris,

I can't do ANYTHING on Firefox, as I simply get the message:

Secure Connection Failed

I don't want to log in to Googlemail, or Gmail - I just need it from time to time when using the app store - but since it has blocked my log-in attempts (saying I am in Canada!) it has also frozen/blocked my access to Google on Firefox.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand, this is likely a firefox issue. Did you try internet explorer like I asked?

Are you receiving this error on the computer or on a device of some kind when accessing the store?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is on my desktop computer - and I use Firefox/Google all day every day - which is why I'm so desperate!

have tried logging into gmail on IE and get the following:

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website is not secure.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Have you been travelling recently?

Is the clock time on your computer correct?

Please right now confirm that the clock on the computer is set to the correct time and location to where you are currently located.

An incorrect clock can cause issues like this.

Try that and let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I haven't been anywhere since Spain in June .

Date, time and time zone are correct. I just don't understand why this problem should happen suddenly out of the blue when I haven't done anything different.

As I said, I never use Googlemail (or Gmail) except when I have to enter a Google address for App Store etc. The trouble is, I have a new phone which I want to set up but one of the first pages to open in set-up is "Google Services" - Backup and Restore - to back up my data to a Google Account.... I haven't even put the SIM card into it yet, and I don't want to enter anything to do with this Google account it if is going to muck it up before I've even set it up!

Do you think re-installing firefox could help? Can I get rid of the Google account completely and open another one?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
It sounds simpler than that, seems you're just getting a certificate error by going to the wrong page, or have a firefox issue.

I am going to offer you remote service, if you accept I will be allowed to connect to your computer and see if I can figure this out for you. I will do so at lowest charge I can but it does cost extra.

It is 100% guaranteed by the way so if I can't fix it you get a full refund, for the conversation as well. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. This may take me moments to sort out or could be something much more complex, tough for me to say without seeing it myself.

If you would rather not I will still continue to discuss with you this way, but it may take a lot of back and forth to get to the bottom of this.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
By the way for remote to work you will need to be on the computer that has the issue and not some other device or computer.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
In order to get connected I will need you to download and run the connection program.

Please click HERE to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes. You should see a file called elsinore download and you will need to double click it.

If you are using a mac computer let me know as we will need to use a different tool.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it is my desktop that I'm having the problem with - although my sign-in attempts are blocked whatever device I use - which MUST have something to do with it, don't you think?

Not sure what private contact info to put in. Landline or email etc?

I'll run the connection utility. Windows desktop, not a Mac.

I'm now not sure what to click first - "reply to expert" or HERE to download. I'm terrified of losing you or the link

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok don't worry. I am going to connect my computer to yours, this will allow me to see your screen and control the computer so I can hopefully fix this issue for you. I have done this thousands of times, it is secure so no need to worry.

If you do not see the downloaded file hold CTRL and press J to open downloads and double click the file called elsinore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done it once, but nothing much happened. Will do it again now and double click.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I cannot call you because I am in the US. but yes try and and double click the elsinore file.

If you have trouble

We can try another tool to connect.

Please click HERE

You need to save/run the program.

It will give you an ID and a Password.

Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.

Do not close the program, but leave it open.

I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done it twice now. I have the option to SAVE or RUN. I've clicked RUN. Then I've OPENED FILE, clicked RUN next to the ElsinoreScreenConnect Client.exe. Not sure what to do now.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Im connected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris, I've received an email from you saying I haven't read your answer, but I've read them all yesterday when we were connected so I don't understand! I thought perhaps it could be something to do with rating, so I tried to submit "excellent" but it said I had already done it and it would mean another charge if I did it again. Have I done everything I'm supposed to? Please let me know - I want to be sure you've had all the credit you deserve! I'm not sure what my final total was, something like£24 plus the extra for when you took over the computer and sorted it out, I think you said £13 or so? Nothing has appeared on my bank account yet, so I want to be sure you're paid the right amount. Please advise. Best wishes,Meryan

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Meryan,
Thanks for your message, everything as far a payment looks fine on my end and was received, thank you.

I think it may have just been a website error that sent that email. No need to do anything further. I have a rating showing as excellent.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great. Goodbye - until next time!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris,

I keep getting emails from you reminding me to give you a rating - but I already have! When I click on the"excellent" smiley, I get the message"

"You have already rated your Expert's answer once. Confirm if you wish to add another rating. Each time you give your Expert's answer a positive rating you will pay the expert an additional amount".

I thought you were great, and was SO relieved when you sorted my problem out, and I will certainly address any further issues to you directly if I have any problems in future - but I can't afford to keep paying more for the last one, and they don't even say h

ow much! Please can you ask them to stop sending these emails because I don't know what to do.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I am so sorry, you of course do not need to rate again. It sounds like a website issue so I will report it to the people who handle that.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Chris.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.

No need to reply to this message.

Have a great day.