LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

I have an acer C720 chromebook - yesterday i opened a dodgy

I have an acer C720 chromebook - yesterday i opened a dodgy email and saw back view of a guy with raised clenched fist over a caption 'Hacked by.....'
I immediately deleted the email and changed password ***** the hotmail account. Should i take further action? is the computer safe to use?
Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
LKT :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

LKT :

I think your first actions are the correct ones to change the hotmail password ***** a precaution. What I believe this email to be is either a prank email or an email showing that the senders account has been compromised rather than your own. I would also suggest changing the password ***** your google accounts from a different computer than the chromebook. Since this is a chromebook there is no need for antivirus locally on the machine. Give the chromebook a restart and you should be good to go.