Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I install new titles in my kindle

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Is your Kindle connected to WIFI now?

If so, do you get any message when trying to access the Kindle Store?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Answer says"Ooops something went wrong. We could not display the page you asked for. If the problem persists, please contact Kindle Customer Service"

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Are you using a Kindle Paperwhite, or any other Kindle device?

Do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am using a Paperwhite

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Okay. First off, please make sure that your Kindle is connected to your wireless network, as follows:

From the Home screen, tap the Menu icon (with three horizontal bars), then tap Settings > Wi-Fi Networks.

Make sure that the Kindle is connected to your wireless network (indicated by a checkmark next to it); if not, tap on your network to connect to it accordingly.

Done that, carry out a soft reset of the Kindle as follows:

Press and hold the Power button for a full 20 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

After the 20 seconds, release the Power button.

Next, check if this resolves your issue with accessing the Kindle Store. If the same issue persists, please power cycle your router as well, as follows:

Disconnect the power supply from the modem/router, wait for 30 seconds, then re-connect the power supply to the modem/router.

Restart the Kindle and check the issue one more time.

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service below.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Hi, could you update me on the issue please? Were you able to access the Kindle Store after carrying out the steps as directed?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do I do next. The problem persists.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, were you able to connect to the Kindle Store anytime before?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have several books on the kindle, some not yet read, It is more than a month since I called them up and I cannot remember how I did it. So far as I can remember the kindle store page appeared automatically on the screen.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Let's try resetting your device back to factory defaults next.

From Home, tap the Menu icon (with three horizontal bars), and then tap Settings.

Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device.

Your Kindle device will power off and power back on.

Done that, please re-connect to your WIFI network, then re-register your Kindle device following the directions enlisted:

From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.

Tap Registration. Specify the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle Paperwhite:

If you already have an Amazon account
: Tap this option. Enter the e-mail and password ***** with your Amazon account. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.

Check if this resolves the issue with the Kindle Store. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have spent hours trying to carry out your instructions, the last of which was to return the device to the factory default setting. This has resulted in the loss of ALL of the previously installed books and I cannot get the device to re-register for some unknown reason! So I am left with an empty and apparently useless kindle not to mention a bill for £26. Hardly good service.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
Please rest assured - you will get all of your books back once you are able to re-register the device. Could you let me know what exactly happens when you try to re-register the device?

Also, did you make sure to connect the device to your WIFI network before re-registering?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Amongst the instructions which I received was one to reset the device. I did this and in the process of resetting all of the books, several of which I have not yet read, were erased from the device. I attempted to restart the device but it will not work. It states that the password ***** ***** though it is the one I originally used.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 years ago.
First off, please reset the password ***** your Amazon account following the directions in the given link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_rypass?nodeId=201168590

Done resetting the password, see if you are able to use the new password ***** sign in to your Kindle thereafter.

Keep me posted.