Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Red internet light comes on occasionally on router, I have

Red internet light comes on occasionally on router, I have to switch off at power point and then on again to get green light. has router got a fault.
Chris L. :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Chris L. :

What is the make and model of router?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wireless ADSL, DLink

Ok do you also have a modem or is this an all in one modem router? Also was it given to your by your internet service provider? If so who is your provider?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DSL 2640R Broadband wireless G adsl 2 + router (D. Link)

Ok this is a modem/router combined.

The red light means that it is dropping the internet connection.

Who is your internet service provider?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TalkTalk

Ok this means that the modem/router is losing connection to the talktalk service.

Usually as you know unplugging it and plugging back in will sort it.

This could indicate though a faulty modem/router or a wiring issue. It could be many things actually.

If the problem is so annoying and happening often you can get it sorted by talktalk. They will either sort it from their end or send a technician to your home to fix the issue.

This is not an issue you can fix on your own.

Give a call to 0203(###) ###-####, they can run some tests on their end and determine whether or not the device needs to be replaced or there is some other issue going on and get it sorted for you.

Please take a moment to rate my service which provides me credit for my time spent with you and getting you headed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Chris