Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Unable to re-install RegCureProl Licence code XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

What is the error message that you receive when you try and download the program?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot remember the details, but it included a URL having paretologic in it, and consisted of about 4 lines.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and install it for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing the installation yourself, also since you are buying this product in the first place you may have issues that are preventing you from getting it downloaded and installed so those may need to be fixed first.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had this programme for 2 years, and it has been OK up to recently when there was no response from the short cut.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok just because there is no response from the shortcut does not mean that you need to buy it and re-install it that could be many different issues.

Wait a few moments after this response for a box to pop up that says get extra help or you may see it to the right side of this reply. Click that and I will connect and fix the issue.

If you are not seeing the box let me know or if you do not want remote support then I can provide instuctions for you to try on your own.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No remote please. Let's try the other method.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok no problem.

For now forget about the shortcut and do the following and let me know what happens.

Click the start button, go to all programs, find regcurepro and click it from there and let me know if it opens or you receive an error.

If you cannot find it for receive an error please let me know when the last time it worked was.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows cannot find it. Last time used 29 OCT.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok next click start and choose control panel, next choose uninstall a program under programs list.

You should see a list of all your programs. See if it is listed. This will let us know if it is just broken or was somehow uninstalled.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not listed. When I first tried to re-install RegCurePro.exe I got a warning from my Norton Anti Virus, but permitted it to proceed. I am not sure that it did in fact go ahead with the installation.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok All you should have to do is download regcurepro from this page by clicking the download button under the picture of the box:
http://www.paretologic.com/products/regcurepro/

Next try to install it, if you can get it installed then choose about from the menu and enter your license key. That should be all their is to is.

Try the above and let me know the results.
-Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Honestly if I was you I do not think it is worth your time to keep even using the program.

I am a certified computer professional and would never use regcurepro or recommend it, why? Because it doesn't do anything special and is not a used tool among actual technicians so why would I recommend it? I have fixed thousands of computers over the years and usually uninstall it when I see it.

In my experience regcurepro it is problematic and virus like. I've removed it from many machines over the years.

I can give you tools for free that could do the same thing better for free.

For example, CCleaner is a free tool which has the ability to clean up junk files from the computer as well as your registry.

Speaking of the registry, most software that mentions registry clean up is a scam. They use this term because they realize teh average computer user does not know what the registry is or how it plays into the overall computer stability and speed. So they lie and say your computer is slow because of registry errors etc...

The truth is this, one should only touch or clean the registry for a specific reason not because they have a virus, or computer is slow.

There are no magic tools that fix computers, you need know what you are doing and when to use the proper tool, it is as simple as that.

So as for software.

You can download ccleaner free here:
https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Another great tool is malwarebytes free version

Please download this free program by clicking on the following link.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Click the download free version link on the top right

Start the installation, you can uncheck the start trial button as you do not need the paid version, the free one is fine. Once installed, open the program and do a full scan (This may take up to an hour or longer in some cases). After it's done, press ok, then click the show results button in the lower right.

On the next screen, check all the boxes and then press the remove selected button to remove any infections that it found.

Your computer could probably do with a clean up but all of the above said regcurepro is not a very good program in my professional opinion.

I of course understand if you like it and want it installed and will continue to help you with that if that is what you want.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. This is what provides me with credit for my time and expertise in this discussion. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time after rating as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You settled my query very well, and I discarded RegCurePro and installed Malwarebytes. I was also able to obtain the promise of a refund. Thank you for your assistance.

Geoff Davey

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Geoff,
Glad everything worked out thanks for letting me know.