Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

hello i am having trouble with my kindel fire it kepes saying

hello i am having trouble with my kindel fire it kepes saying it has athercation problems it is a new router that has been replaced by talttalt for my old one
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

please tell me what internet service you had earlier and what service are you currently using

Michelle :

did you replace your wireless router for the new internet service.

Customer:

the router was old and out or date so talktalk replace it because the internet kept going off now i can use my kindel fire

Michelle :

That means you are having the same service but the router has been upgraded am i correct.

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

Thank you for confirming

Michelle :

do you know the new router ssid and the router password ***** connect a new device

Customer:

yes TALTTALK-02EA87 MQBDHCKC

Michelle :

This is your router ssid: TALTTALK-02EA87

Michelle :

Rouer password: MQBDHCKC

Customer:

YES

Michelle :

To connect your kindle to a Wi-Fi network:
Press the Home button, then press the Menu button.

Customer:

OK

Michelle :

Navigate to "Settings" by moving the 5-way controller down, then press the 5-way controller to select.
Select "view" next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. Kindle automatically scans for available Wi-Fi networks at periodic intervals. To rescan for available networks at any time, select "rescan."
Select "connect" to connect to a network. If you see a lock symbol next to "connect," the network requires a password ***** connect.

Michelle :

enter the Wi-Fi network password, and choose "submit

Michelle :

Note: Please make sure you touch or press the up arrow or the shift key on the kindle which will enable caplock on and then you enter the MQBDHCKC and hit submit

Michelle :

if you have any doubt about the router password ***** me know i can remote access and check the correct password ***** let you know so that you enter the correct router password ***** your wifi device to connect to the internet

Customer:

STILL NOT WORKINC AUTHERNTICATION PROBLEM

Michelle :

do you have an laptop or any other wireless device

Michelle :

we have to verify the password ***** are entering is correct as i doubt the password ***** *****

Michelle :

are you using windows 7 or windows 8 computer or a Mac

Customer:

I AM USEING MY LAP TOP WINDOWS 7 BUT IS MY KINDEL FIRE THAT IS THE PROMBLEM

Michelle :

i am aware that i am trying to fix your kindle and not your computer however to verify the correct router password ***** need to follow few steps i will give you now

Michelle :

let me know when you are ready

Customer:

MQBDHCKC

Michelle :

is the password ***** upper case all caps

Customer:

YES

Michelle :

ok can we verify one time

Customer:

YES MQBDHCKC

Michelle :

look on the bottom right hand side of your laptop you will see a wifi icon which looks like a cell phone signal.

Michelle :

do you see that let me know

Customer:

YES

Michelle :

single click on it and then click on "Open Network and Sharing Center"

Michelle :

let me know when you are there

Customer:

I AM THERE

Michelle :

now click on Manage wireless Networks

Customer:

DONE THAT

Michelle :

let me know how many ssids you see there

Michelle :

which says automatically connect

Customer:

2

Michelle :

what are they?

Customer:

SCUREPOINT AND TALK TALK-83A29C

Michelle :

one is TALTTALK-02EA87 which is your current router correct

Michelle :

click on the wireless icon one time and tell me the ssid which says connected

Customer:

YES 02EA87 THAT IS THE NEW ROUTER

Michelle :

double click on the new router in the network and sharing center window

Michelle :

it will open wireless network properties

Michelle :

let me know when you are there

Customer:

I AM THERE

Michelle :

now click on the security tab on the top

Customer:

DONE THAT

Michelle :

do you see a check box "show characters"

Michelle :

click on it

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

now you will see the password ***** the password *****

Michelle :

what is it

Michelle :

network security key

Michelle :

what is the network security key

Michelle :

This key is your current router password ***** you need to enter on your kindle

Michelle :

your kindle will definately connect to the internet after you enter this password.

Customer:

mis3idin3

Michelle :

yes please enter this password ***** the kindle will connect fine to the internet then.

Michelle :

please make sure do not use the shift key on the kindle as the router password ***** ***** in lower case

Customer:

that great i have done that and the kindel is now workig

Michelle :

that is great see we fixed it, if you want please note down the ssid and the password ***** save it on a notepad

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit to rate my service.

Michelle :

if you have any question feel free to ask.

Michelle :

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Justanswer.

Best Regards

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors