Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

hi I have just bought a kindle have pressed Wi-Fi and its asked

Customer Question

hi I have just bought a kindle have pressed Wi-Fi and its asked for my password
but I have forgot it so I cant get any further
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Is your Windows 7 computer connected wirelessly to your router? If so, we should be able to retrieve the wireless password ***** the computer itself. Do let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay. On your Windows 7 computer, please click on the network connection icon (with signal bars) at the bottom-right corner of the screen, then RIGHT-CLICK on your wireless network and select 'Properties'.

In the Properties window, tick 'Show characters' - your network security key will show up below, and you may use that to connect your Kindle to Wi-Fi thereafter.

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service below.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is no properties only troubleshoot problems or open network

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
You have to LEFT-click the network connection icon at the bottom-right corner, then RIGHT-click your wireless network listed and select 'Properties'.

If you are still unable to find that option, no issues - just reply back to me below.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, could you update me on the issue please? Were you able to find your wireless password, as directed?

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with retrieving the wireless password?

Keep me posted.