Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

computer asking for user and password ***** windows and i'v forgot

Customer Question

computer asking for user and password ***** windows and i'v forgot the screen is now showing details and attemps at booting has failed and to get intouch with you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.
Is the computer unable to boot at all? Is it getting to the sign on screen for windows?
Did anything change recently that you know of with the computer.
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sign for windows computer details and instruction to get in touch with

you yesterday down loaded reimage plus.com

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Did you let someone access your computer yesterday?

Did you receive a phone call or anything like that from someone wanting to fix your computer?

Let me know as much details as you can please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this reimage .com is supposed to repair and clean the computer

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I understand.

Did you speak with the people from re-image and they did something and now the computer is not working?

Do you want to tell you how to get in touch with them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after running the program ti seemed ok it was when i switched of and then turned it back on all i got was the small tablet asking for the username and password

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to use the computer at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i'm on another one

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok so now you cannot use it at all. Did the people from reimage install this for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i down loaded of the internet

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok so you did this on your own and now the window log on screen appears and no password ***** try works, is that a correct assesment of the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok this is a very difficuly situation and I cannot fix it for you because I would need access to the PC which I cannot get without the log in.

If you have little computer repair experience these instructions may seem quite complex so it may be in your best inetrest to take the computer in for repair from a proper technician. While this may cost a bit of money at least you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration.

The steps I am going to give you are for getting around a forgotten windows log in password.

Restart your PC, and keep tapping the F8 keyboard button.

When you arrive at the safe mode prompt choose Safe Mode with Networking. Now Windows will start in Safe Mode.

Select the default Administrator account from the login, the password ***** be left blank. If you can log in with this account or any other administrator account click start choose control panel, click users and change the password ***** the locked account.

If you do not have the administrator account or any other accounts besides guest follow the instructions below. These instructions will require you to burn a special program onto a CD so you will need access to a computer with a CD burner.

Please download the free password ***** program, Ophcrack, click HERE

Click the Ophcrack Vista LiveCD (This works for Win 7 too) or the ophcrack-XP LiveCD for windows XP
Next Save the ISO file to your computer > Wait for the download to finish, then, click HERE

Install then open the Cdburnerxp program and select "Burn ISO Image" > Add the ISO file you saved earlier to this blank disk > When done, place this cd in the locked computer and restart it

After a period of scanning, it will display all passwords, write yours down, then remove the cd and restart the computer to login again.

Because windows is made to be secure, it is very difficult to get in without the password ***** unfortunately means there is not an easier way aside from the way I have told you about above.

Please do me a favour and rate my service positively at this time by clicking a smiley face. This is how I receive credit for my time spent discussing this with you. You can still reply to me after rating if you find you need more help.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it dosnt work still asking for password

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
What doesn't work?

There is no way you could have completed my instructions that quick.

Did you read them, it will take you awhile. Make sure you do everything I said above but this is not an easy fix.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

I have not heard back from you and I wanted to see if you still needed to continue the conversation.

If you do not need to continue I would appreciate you rating my service positively which provides me with credit for the time I took to discuss with you and provide you with the instructions to fix.

If you need more help with the instructions just let me know.

Thanks,
Chris