LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

How can I record filming done on my ipad mini on to a VHS or

Customer Question

How can I record filming done on my ipad mini on to a VHS or DVD on my Panasonic DMR-EZ48VEB please
Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

Have you done all the following:

1. Connect you AV Adapter to the hdmi cable and connect the hdmi to the tv.
2. Connect the charger to the wall and into the av adapter.
3. Connect the adapter into the ipad, the ipad should show that its charging.
4. Change the input on you TV to the correct HDMI

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have carried out your instructions to the letter - the only thing we weren't doing before was connecting ipad to power supply - but no joy. We have even rushed out and bought another HDMI cable so we could have 1 running from ipad to TV and 1 from TV to VHS/DVD recorder. We have tried every combination of AV's and HDMI's you can think of!. The ipad filming plays on TV screen but it refuses to record to the Panasonic recorder, and we can't work out why! Samsung TV has on the side - HDMI in 2, also Common Interface which appears to have 30 pins inside (difficult to see!). Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder has 1 HDMI at the back and the older RCA connections at the front (which I use with my camcorder) and also an Svideo connection which accomodates 4 pins. Thanks for you help again!

Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
I think I didn't understand the original goal. Are you trying to use the adapter from the iPad to be able to record to your DVD/VHS rather than just view on the tv? If that's the case that would not be possible. That adapter is used only to view on a tv. If you want to do recordimgs, you should transfer the video to a computer and burn them to a DVD. Let me know the goal, please.
Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
Val, I am just checking in to see if we are on the same page here. From what I said above, does that describe what you were trying to accomplish?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you read carefully through both my first question and reply to you then you will see what I am trying to accomplish. I thought my original query was quite clear - I said I wished to record on to DVD or VHS a short piece of film on ipad in order to have a hard copy as the film is precious and I don't trust electronics not to break down, therefore the film will be lost!

Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
Val, I do apologize I did not read this clearly. I jumped to a conclusion when I read you were working with the AV Adapter for the ipad. I understand your concern with having a backup of your video. I suggest you connect the ipad to your computer and place a copy of the video on the computer so that you will have one copy on the ipad and one on the computer, then use the copy on your desktop to create a dvd out of so you have 3 copies. Your AV Adapter will not work the way you are trying to create the copy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will try this - thank you. I have never connected ipad to laptop as I don't want to duplicate everything on it to the laptop, so don't know how to just upload this bit of filming without all my music etc. I also have this irrational fear that I will lose it from my ipad! I don't have much the experience and confidence of youth being nearly 70! I know how to burn a disc I think as have done it with photos in the past, but will try. I won't lose everything, will I? Does it matter that ipad is Apple and laptop is Samsung?

Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
It does not matter that the laptop is samsung and ipad is apple. They will still work just fine together. You will not lose everything. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, I can offer remote assistance to you or you could also take it into a shop to have it done.
You can also do it yourself by doing the following:
1. Connect the cable that came with the ipad into the ipad and the usb side into the computer.
2. Look at your ipad it may ask you to trust the computer, go ahead and click "Trust"
3. Watch this video and follow its instructions to get your videos to copy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OBax8o4DXM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Have watched youtube link, very simple, have connected ipad to laptop and followed instructions - they have downloaded beautifully but for one thing! All videos except 1 are upside-down! I can't find anything that will change it - what the hell am I doing wrong now? (also most of my photos are the same). Thank you.

Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.

This has to do with how the video and pictures were taken. You need to have the home button toward the bottom or to the right when taking them. You can download Apple QuickTime for free to fix and view correctly. Let me know if you have any further questions and please rate me with the smiley faces. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One quick comment - Apple quick time is only free up to a certain point and wanted paying before I could edit video! So I asked Google and was directed to WindowsLive MovieMaker which worked a treat and I have made a copy on DVD. Thank you for your help

Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
Great to hear. Have a good day.