Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

my ex has some kind parental alert so if my email add is usedto

Customer Question

my ex has some kind parental alert so if my email add is usedto click on adult site it alerts her email .how do I remove this
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This may or may not be possible but I will need more infomatin to know for sure.

First, do you two use the same computer? Or did you at one time use the same computer?

I have not heard of any kind of parental alert that would be able to tell that you looked at an adult site just from an email address unless you are using a service like AOL or something.

Please let me know as much detail as you can. This is the computer category so I am assuming we are talking about computers and not smart phones or android tablets. If this is something like that let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we did now I have my own but she has had accesss to it .laptop windows 8.not sureof sevice very green on this. all I know she knew about an email I received and I had not opened it

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok then I do not think that she has any kind of parental software installed but sounds like she may have access to your email account.

So, is the situation that you received an email from adult website and she saw the email or knew about the email?

Which service do you use for email by the way? When I say service I mean @gmail.com @hotmail.com, @somethingelse.com?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

btinternet.com

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok from what you have described she must have access to your email account. There is no software that can alert someone about which websites you visit just based on your email address.

The reason is because the websites you visit don't know your email address so there would be no way to report or alert someone you visited it.

If the email is the only think she knew then she knows your email password ***** you need to change it straight away.

Here is how you do that.

Please read through the instructions before trying them so you understand what needs to be done.

1. Click HERE

2. Fill in the required information on the page. This will be your email address and current password. Then below you will create a new password.

3. When you choose a new password ***** not choose anything she could ever guess so do not use anything like your favorite football team, a pets name, or anything like that. Just do something random like Winter2014. This way she cannot guess it.

Please take a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the smiley faces below. You can always return to this page to talk with me any time if you need more help.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the sites knew my email as theyposted emails to me have already changed pass word earlier today

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Did she find out before or after you changed the password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

after

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else you haven't told me?

What else does she know? Does it just seem like she's been in your email account or anything else?

Does the computer require a password ***** you boot up? Does she know this password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im not sure how she does this .nopassword ***** has nothad accesss to my laptopwhen this happened so must see it from her laptop

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
The only way she could see from her laptop is if she has access to your email.

I think I know what she may have done, she may have set your email up to forward a copy to her email account. This would allow her to see the mail even if you change the password!

Do the following.

Log into your btinternet account at www.bt.com/btmail

Select the "Settings" icon from the toolbar

Now select the "Mail" option from the left hand menu

From the drop-down menu select "Auto forward"

Un-Tick the option to "auto forward all incoming emails" or remove any email address that is listed in the destination box.

Next click save.

I think that is how she was doing it.

Give that a go and if you do see that this option was enabled that is how she was being alerted.

Once turned off she will no longer receive the emails.

Thanks,
Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Just wanted to let you know I will be going offline for the evening now. If you cannot sort this out yourself let me know and we will continue tomorrow.

If it was that she had set up an autoforward which I think she did and that fixed it please rate my service so I get credit for helping.

Thanks and have a good night.
-Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
It was my pleasure assisting you with your question. I just wanted to follow up and see how everything is going and if you needed help with anything else. If you do not please rate my service to finish.
Thanks,
Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ian,
Did you still need help with this?

I am not paid for my time I spent with you unless you rate my service positively. I spent a good amount of time discussing this with you and want to make sure that I am properly credited for that.

So if you can do me a favour and rate my service please do so. If you still need help and the problem is not fixed then let me know and I will continue to help you.

Thanks,
Chris