Hello and thank you for bringing your problem to Just Answer. I will be happy to assist with your problem. What I would like for you try first is the file you downloaded from Samsungs website. Go to that file and right click on it. An menu will come up and you need to left click on run as administrator. Hopefully that will resolve your issue.
It didn't work. I still receive the message "the arguments are invalid" in the middle of installing. It appears to finish installing, but I cannot print.
1. Go to Devices and Printers.
2. Click Add a Printer in the top toolbar on the Devices and Printers window.
3. Select Add a local printer.
4. If your printer is a USB printer, select port USB001. Otherwise, choose the appropriate port and continue.
5. At this point you should be able to click Have Disk and point Windows to the drivers you do want, the ones on the CD, for example. They should install without incident.
6. If you look at the Devices and Printers window now, you may have an icon indicating a faulty printer, and an icon indicating a working printer. Your printer is the one that doesn't work.
7. Right-click the faulty printer and select Update Drivers.
8. Tell Windows to search automatically. It will also search your computer and locate the drivers that you just installed successfully. If it asks you to choose a driver, choose the one that appears in a deeper directory.
9. The install process may begin all over again, but it should work this time.
I've already done all that. I still get the same message. I see that your reply is taken from one of the many websites I have already looked at.
I have already done all those things. The spooler is running and is set to automatic. I have reinstalled (or tried to) at least four times.
I'm afraid it's my bedtime (GMT). I'll come back tomorrow.
I see that a very similar conversation took place 2 years ago http://www.justanswer.com/printers/73ehc-trying-install-samsung-ml-2165w-keep-getting.html and wasn't resolved then. In fact it ended in acrimony.
There must be an answer. It seems to be a common problem with many different printers..
I did click "no thanks" for the remote connect option, but on reflection I suppose it might help. I won't be available until about 19.00 GMT,
OK - I'm around.
Maybe you need to send me something via this site, so that I can "accept".
I am pleased to say that the printer is still working.