The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

i need someone to write an excel formula for me, essentially

i need someone to write an excel formula for me, essentially a "nested IF AND" formula
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please send me a sample or Dummy Excel file where you want the formulas to be entered so that I can directly work on it here in my computer? If this is possible, you can attach the Excel file using the paper clip icon in the reply box. It is intended for pictures but it will also work with Excel files.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will attach the spreadsheet. formula data is takenm from "sheet1", instructions regarding the formula are in "instructions". If you require further clarification, please call +44 7557 360922

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the sample file. Please give me a moment to work on this. I will send you the modified later.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Let me summarize the requirements:

IF BW=Value Creator and CB = Increasing, and CL = growing, either CM is faster or slower, CP will display Compounder.

IF BW=Value Creator and CB = Increasing, and CL = shrinking, either CM is faster or slower, CP will display Falling Angel.

IF BW=Value Creator and CB = Decreasing, and CL = growing, either CM is faster or slower, CP will display Compounder.

IF BW=Value Creator and CB = Decreasing, and CL = shrinking, either CM is faster or slower, CP will display Falling Angel.

IF BW=Value Destroyer and CL = growing, IF CM is faster, CP = PROBLEM. If CM = Slower, then CP = Rising Star.

IF BW=Value Destroyer and CL = shrinking, IF CM is faster or slower, CP = Rising Star.

Is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that is almost correct, but there should be the same iterations for BW = value destroyer as there were for BW = value creator ( i did not put all the arrows in - my mistake)

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for writing back. Can you please clarify that Value Destroyer options?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok let me re-work it to be 100% sure. I will change the answers a little bit to ensure that the formula allows for flexibility.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please take your time.

Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2014-11-24_105645_quadrant_analysis_quest.xlsx

amended and more explicit to hopefully give maximum flexibility and avoid any doubt

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the detailed information. This is a complex requirement, please give me so time to build your formula for this.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate that this may have cost more than the price which was quoted so if you need to revise the price, that is not a problem, just let me know!

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question

http://ge.tt/60vFrA52/v/0?c

It seams you have been waiting for an answer so I took the liberty of answering this for you.

It was best to use a lookup table as opposed to 16 nested ifs. You will see the formula in cell CP7, I assume that you wanted it in that column, but if you need to move it to a different column let me know and I will tell you how to do it.

also if you wish to change the values displayed, all you simply need to do is modify the values in column E on sheet 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE SMILEY FACES BENEATH THIS ANSWER

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wow that was fanastic. I have never used a lookup table before, that makes it so much easier and will vasty improve my quality of life! Thank you very much for your help. Brilliant!

your welcome

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support