Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I cannot download books from Amazon onto my kindle, which is

I cannot download books from Amazon onto my kindle, which is quite old, but is still working.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello David! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you trying to download new books?

Is there any error or message?

Did you go to the Wi-Fi setting on the Kindle and connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name successfully?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, 3 books, for my wife. I went through the process of paying for each one by one click buying, and I got a printout of a digital order.

There was no error message. it just said they were sent to the Cloud, I don't know anything about that.

I have the kindle attached by usb to my mac, and it is also set up for wireless.

Thank you. Please do the followings:

1. Press & hold (or slide & hold) the Power on/off button / switch on the Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.
  2. Go to Wi-Fi setting on the Kindle and make sure it is connected to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name again.
  3. Click on the website below and sign in your Amazon account if prompted. Then there, click on the Action button of each book you want, then click on the Deliver option, then select your Kindle device, then click on Deliver.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/manageyourkindle
  4. If needed, go to the Account / Registration setting on the Kindle, and make sure it is registered to the exact same email address as on your Amazon account.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,