Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have lost my Galaxy charger - can I charge with my old Kindle

I have lost my Galaxy charger - can I charge with my old Kindle charger, please? The connections appear to be similar
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
Yes, you can absolutely use that same charger. It is your luck that they use the same voltage and current.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit or click the Accept button.
If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com
Thank you again,
- Jason
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience: Over 10 years of professional experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jason

On receiving your positive answer, I set my tablet to charge and went off to the shops. On my return, I find my Samsung Galaxy will not respond or turn on - its just not functioning at all.

What do you think has gone wrong?

I am not a youngster so struggle with this technology!

It may be that you need to charge it a bit more.
If it doesn't have a good enough charge, it will not turn on.
I suggest that you let it charge for a couple hours and try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok

Will leave it and try later - if not I'll come back to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, Jason - its been on charge for about 3 hours now and I still can't get it to turn on.

I've checked the charger by using it on the Kindle and that's working ok.

Thoughts, please?

It appears that either the Kindle is broken or there is a problem with the battery.
When is the last time this Kindle was turned on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The kindle is fine - its the Galaxy that is not working. It was ok until I tried charging with the Kindle charger. Since then its died!

Any hope?

How much charge did the battery have before you started charging it with the Kindle charger?
I'm sorry for the mixup.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was low - telling me to attach the charger. 15%?

You may wish to verify that the charger is securely in place on the Galaxy, charging it for one full hour, and then testing it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One hour later - but no life in the Galaxy tablet. Do you think its died? Its less than a year old - a Xmas present last year!

Val

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oooooh! Its not a Galaxy - its a Nexus and now I've burnt it out, I guess.

I'm a stupid old lady struggling with things I don't understand - sorry to have wasted your time