LKT
LKT, IT Support
Experience:  A+,CCNA, BS Network Communications
34552149

Kindle HD Fire - Sound does not cut out on Kindle when Headphone

Kindle HD Fire - Sound does not cut out on Kindle when Headphone attached and volume control does not alter even when reduced to zero. any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  LKT replied 2 years ago.
LKT :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

LKT :

If I understand correctly, it sounds like when you plug in your headphones to the kindle it will not send sound to it and is still being played by the onboard kindle speakers?

Customer:

Correct

LKT :

Ok, lets do the first troubleshooting step. I need you to unplug the headphones then hold the power button a full 45 seconds even after you see the screen shut off. Then press the power button again to turn it on. (This is called a hard reboot)

LKT :

Let me know when you have done this.

Customer:

OK- rebootdone

LKT :

Ok, could I have you plug in your headphones and test it

Customer:

Seems to be Ok now. Thanks

LKT :

Awesome, that is good to hear.

LKT :

You are welcome.

LKT :

When you have a moment please use the smileys below to rate my service. Thank you!