Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Have installed windows 8.1 and my some of my aps have gone

Customer Question

Have installed windows 8.1 and my some of my aps have gone I cannot resolve the problem on my iTunes it keeps asking me to verify my bank info and that someone has accessed my account . The signing in and staying is now getting tedious as the broadband keeps shifting. I feel in a complete nightmare. Please help. I have tried ringing
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

what all apps have you lost

Michelle :

did you upgrade from windows 8.0 to 8.1

Michelle :

Please remember rating is only required when we are finished fixing the problem.
Use the reply to expert button to continue the conversation further.

Michelle :

I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

How can you help with my case

Michelle :

you have lost apps correct?

Michelle :

what is the problem in signing in can explain the problem a bit more in detaill

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

As I have alreadysaid my laptop was w8.0 and msg to installed 8.1 which unfortunately for me seems to have messed up my format completely. My screensaver changed, I have to keep going to settings to put in my broadband user. some of the large apps have just disappeared and also my iTunes account is asking to verify my banking details as someone else has accessed my account. this is a nightmare

Michelle :

when you ran windows update from 8.0 ti 8.1 it changes almost every settings and look

Michelle :

you can download grade back to windows 8 however i would suggest you to back up all your important data before attempting to downgrade.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

How do I save important data and how do I go back

Michelle :

save your files on a flash drive like your data files, photos, music files etc and then i will give you a video which you can watch and follow the steps

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

is this very risky and will it solve the problems

Michelle :

i will give you the steps which will be non destructive however to be on the safer side i want you to backup all your data on a flash drive so that you have a copy of the data out of the computer so incase the computer fails to run successful non destructive downgrade to windows 8 from windows 8.1 we will have the data which we can reload it after the downgrade is completed.

Michelle :

This is a take time and if you want i can do this for you using remote access support

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

the remote support will be so helpful . I am trying but cannot do it on my own and my carer is not here . I have a brain tumour and rely on this laptop for lots of different views of the world.

Michelle :

Remote access is an additional service if you want i can do all the job and fix it the additional cost will be $50.

Michelle :

you have opted for a chat service where you get help and support on the chat and you perform the steps however remote access will be an additional service,

Michelle :

please let me know.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

I would like to know why you quote 50 dollars are you in the US because I went through to an \\\\\\\\\\asus uk site

Michelle :

usd is a standard currency used all over the world however you will be charged as per UK currency

Michelle :

for $50 it will be 31.78 British Pound Sterling

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

Will this be offset against the £28.00 I have already paid . if not you had best revert back to our and give me the advice from before but I find it expensive advice for a few minutes of time and for me to have to solve it on my own . do not feel happy having spent the last one and half hours on line . I am very tired now and do not wish to pay more money out on maybes' So please just give me the instrctions and video during I will try to do it myself

Michelle :

I want you to backup all your data in a flash drive which i know will take time and after you are done backing up your files on a flash drive i will then try to provide you a remote service and let me see if i can get a free approval in that case you will not be charged additional.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

Icannot back up at this time as I have said I am ill and cannot go out. I have no access to go outside until he comes tomorrow . I have emergency pendant service and that is all

Michelle :

i will do that for you as i said it will take time so let me know what time you are comfortable tomorrow.

Michelle :

i will be online and will fix it for you.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

My carer comes around 11.00 am . how many flash drives do need

Michelle :

I am online now let me know when you are so that i can get the fixed.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

I am now but back up has not been successful I have tried all morning . got my photos off but iTunes would not sync . as for the rest I am scared of making mistake and my carer was not much better than me . this is too much . the stress for me is not good.

Michelle :

do you want me to remotely connect and downgrade your windows 8.1 to windows 8?

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

if this is as we said yesterday and the fee will be waived this would be my ideal solution but as my disability leaves me with limited funds . I will have to have the first option and live without some parts of my computer until I can manage . I would appreciate anything you can do

Michelle :

you have already paid when you posted the question however i will not charge you for remote access.

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

Thank you very much!

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

what should I do now

Michelle :

let me give you a link to click on

Michelle :

it will initiate remote access

Michelle :

click on the link given

Michelle :

as the page opens then click on the green button "start full version its free"

Michelle :

after it gets installed let me know the 9 digit your ID

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

222 241 902

Michelle :

what is the password

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

4561

JACUSTOMER-z7mjm0h2- :

es

Michelle :

search for Ammyy.exe and run it let me know the your id code

Michelle :

let me know whenever you are online