Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

what is an access point, where is it and what is a wps bu

Customer Question

what is an access point, where is it and what is a wps button?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is Randy.
I will assist you.
The access point is referring to your router or modem. If you have wif at your home you will need to know the wifi name and password ***** security key to connect. Some routers are set up with a WPS button, if your router has one it willl be on top or front of the router. You can press the button and connect to the router within 2 minutes without entering the wifi password.

To see a list of available networks

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)

2. Check the network icon. It'll show if you’re connected and how strong the connection is.

3. If you’re not connected, tap or click the network icon (The wireless network icon or The wired network icon).
  4. Tap or click the name of the network you want to connect to, and then tap or click Connect.

You might be asked for the network password. You can get it from the network admin. If you’re at home, this is probably someone in your family. If you’re at work, ask your IT admin. If you’re in a public place, like a coffee shop, ask someone who works there.

5. If you want to connect to this network every time it's in range, select the Connect automatically check box.

6. .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
    Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!
    .
    .
    .