Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My new computer is windows 8.1 running office 2010. My problem

My new computer is windows 8.1 running office 2010. My problem is this:
I've changed the default font to "Toledo" and ever since doing this each and every time I press the apostrophe key the font reverts to Times New Roman. It's driving me round
the bend. I find windows 8.1 SO VERY DIFFERENT from windows XP. I guess I'm just too old and stupid to work out how to fix this, can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you have this issue only with any specific application, e.g. Word?

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It happens when I use word and when e- mailing. I'm not very clever with computers so please forgive my ignorance.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Should we go ahead with a remote session now, so that I can check the issue quickly for you?

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A remote session would be grand, please tell me what to do. My computer is all switched on and ready to go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm ready to go ahead with the remote session.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
All right, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b994aab7-3e24-41b8-95d2-4a5d681e1df0

Join the session, then an 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded (at the very bottom of your Chrome window.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads - and I'll be connected.

PS - If we are not connected in five minutes, please reply back to me below.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Your issue has now been resolved through the remote session.

You may just rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below.

Thank you, ***** ***** a great day ahead!