Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Can't get past the Code 3533. To be more precise, I just get:Pap

Customer Question

Can't get past the Code 3533. To be more precise, I just get:
Paper Jam.
Clear all Paper.
Press OK to continue
(Code 3533)
Have followed everything I was asked to do.
The grey roller touches the white roller. There is not paper anywhere.
It was just printing fine, then all of a sudden the paper started going sideways and crumpling and the sheets needed to be helped out, otherwise they would suck back.
The above command came on and no matter what one does (unplugging, checking with a torch) There is just no paper in there! But the instruction just won't go!
Help!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

Please let me know the make and model of the printer

JACUSTOMER-bvnr1wlu- :

KODAK esp34

Michelle :

how does the paper feed in the printer

Michelle :

from a slot in the back or from a tray in the front

JACUSTOMER-bvnr1wlu- :

From a slot in the back

Michelle :

please turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

Michelle :

if still the error repeats turn off printer and unplug power cord

Michelle :

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

Michelle :

wait for 2 mins

Michelle :

plug in power cord and turn on and check

Michelle :

let me know if error repeats

JACUSTOMER-bvnr1wlu- :

Have followed all your instructions but Error is still repeating.

Michelle :

how old is this printer

JACUSTOMER-bvnr1wlu- :

About 6-9 months

Michelle :

my apologies for the delayed response

Michelle :

as per the details you have given, and as per the cleaning steps we have tried, the reset process seems not to make any difference to the error code

Michelle :

there are 2 possible causes

Michelle :

either there is a an internal jam within the printer, something like a tiny bit of paper has got stuck in the internal mechanics and is somewhere we cannot clear ourselves

Michelle :

the second possibility is that there is nothing stuck actually and the sensor that detects a jam has gone faulty and is flashing an error incorrectly

Michelle :

in both scenarios, the unit needs to be serviced

Michelle :

a service for internal jam would not cost much as only service charge would be there but in case its a sensor fault, cost including parts replacement would be almost equal to buying a new printer

Michelle :

now in your case the good part is that the printer is within a year of purchase

Michelle :

that means you can get this product serviced free of charge ..so even if parts need to be replaced, you do not get charged for it

Michelle :

there are few further advanced steps that i can suggest to fix the issue, but these steps may void the warranty cover and i would suggest rather than trying those steps and risking the warranty cover, it would be best to get the unit serviced free of cost through an authorised service center

Michelle :

you may call kodak at 0870-2430270 to get a service arranged

Michelle :

i hope you understand that in case of hardware fault or mechanical jam i can only suggest steps to rectify it but cannot make a bad part work again or clear an internal jam

let me know if you have any questions

please click on smiley face\stars to rate my service if you are satisfied with the information recieved

Thanks for choosing just answer

JACUSTOMER-bvnr1wlu- :

Hi Michelle,

JACUSTOMER-bvnr1wlu- :

Sorry to give you a bad rating, but as far as I can see, from the information I gave initially - having followed all the manufacturer's instructions to clear a "mythical" jam, you should have recognised that just going over the same ground wasn't going to produce an answer either. So you could have cut to the Kodak service bit. However, you should also know that Kodak do not provide a service free and there are no depots close at hand even if they did. So quite frankly having wasted even more time talking to them, I might as well have binned the printer and saved myself two days of going round in circles, whilst trying to run a business, as they do not wish to co-operate in the slightest. I do not wish to continue with my free trial and would like my £28 back to put towards a new printer. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is the worst possible time for a printer to go wrong as I have not been able to print orders off or include invoices with goods, so I am not able to give a professional service. And now I have to buy a new printer anyway, with all the extra start-up time that takes.